Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA M154 Sportline. Gearbox not working D:

Hey guys and galls.

I recently bought an M15A4 for a nice cheap package. was not expecting miracles tbh.

When the gun arrived i took it apart straight away and two problems arose

1. Where does the spring on the cocking handle/Charging lever connect to?

2. How do I tighten up the front sights. all they want to do is swing around and up and down the barrel.

When I eventually got to the gearbox all the wires were ripped and wrapped in some stripy tape. So I opened the gearbox and took it apart checking all the parts for damages but all was good. so i took out the little black box that the wires are soldered to. soldered new, thinner wire and replaced all wires and checked connections. connections are good. but when I reassembled the gun the rifle still wont fire :@ but there is something I've noticed with every gearbox I take apart, there is a large reversal? spring it looks like the anti reversal latch but not the same if that works?

Thanks for any help guys!
    sigpic

Re: CA M154 Sportline. Gearbox not working D:

1) if it has a functioning dust cover, it normally mounts to the arm that comes of the cover plate. If it doesnt, then theres normally a hook or a screw that holds it to the top of the receiver just to give the handle some spring.

2) at the bottom of the sight will be a grub screw inbetween the or on one of the bayonet lugs. Tighten that up.

The easiest way to check if its an electrical fault or not, is to connect the motor to the wires outside of the gun, and pull the trigger (hold on to it or it will jump up spin arounds and tear all your new wiring out). if the motor spins, its mechanical not electrical.

Theres only 3 springs of that description in a v2 gear box. One is the anti reversal latch spring. the second is the trigger spring, and the 3rd is the semi auto/saftey lever arm spring (locates just under "the black box" or trigger assembly as i call it)

Comment

Re: CA M154 Sportline. Gearbox not working D:

I would rewire that right away, thin wire sucks major balls. ,

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ajcman92 Find out more about Ajcman92
      Working...
      X