Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

ARES G36 Series Microswitch Trigger Mechanism - Alternative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARES G36 Series Microswitch Trigger Mechanism - Alternative?

Hi everyone,

I've been having some real issues with the microswitch trigger mechanism on my ARES G36, and my brother has the same problem with his ARES G36C.

I took the gearbox apart and have reassembled it, on several occasions now. It's fairly straight forward and I'm confident everything is back in it's rightful place. However, the "trigger plate" which is pushed towards the microswitch when you pull on the trigger slips down too early, in semi-auto, and doesn't flick the switch to activate the motor. So, obviously, something isn't quite right. I just can't see what's causing the problem.

In the end, I gave up and took it into a store for someone else to take a look at it. Straight away they said they know of the problem and wasn't sure if they'd have any more luck with it than I've had.

I asked them if there was an alternative to the microswitch and they said they didn't know of one.

Does anyone know if it's possible to modify the ARES G36 series trigger mechanism or modify the gun itself to replace the microswitch with a different system?

Thanks!

Re: ARES G36 Series Microswitch Trigger Mechanism - Alternative?

Okay, so the workshop I dropped the gun into hasn't been able to correct the problem either. So, I have three choices.

1. Attempt to fix it again myself, which I'm certain I can do if I'm patient enough. I'm not patient enough though because I just want to use it again!
    2. Send it into a different workshop.
    3. Buy a new gun. As tempting as this sounds, because I've been after a TM MP7 for sometime now, but it's not going to happen.

Has no one else heard of this problem before?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

deldalton Find out more about deldalton
    Working...
    X