Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Peg behing trigger mech broken (CA M15A4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peg behing trigger mech broken (CA M15A4)

Hi,

Looking for some thoughts before I replace a gear box shell. Classic Army M15A4 (~2006 if they have changed design etc since then).

There is a little peg protruding from one side of the gear box, behind the trigger mech that stops it moving to far backwards and dis-engaging from the top of the trigger blade. This snapped off while skirmishing yesterday, Annoying! The net effect being the top of the trigger slipping off the back of the trigger mechanism.

Seems a waste to junk the whole gear box shell just because one tiny peg has broken off, has any one else come across this and/or have any thoughts on effecting repair?

I'm think something along the lines of trying drilling a hole in to the casing and putting a metal bar across the back of the trigger mech, just not sure how to secure it, with the mechanical vibration epoxy type glue might not stay bonded over time?

If not, who sell's CA gear box shells or can anyone recommend a replacement that will take the stock CA internals and drop in to the reciver?

Also, couple of other questions:

Does anyone sell pre-built and upgraded (e.g. high speed gears etc) gearboxes that would be a drop in replacement for a CA m15 receiver?

And can anyone recommend a replacement motor to get a better rate of fire over the stock CA (bearing in mind ~2006 vintage), that will drop in (i.e. correct pinion gear)?

Cheers,

Matt

Re: Peg behing trigger mech broken (CA M15A4)

I have repaired several gearbox shells that had the retaining peg for trigger contact broken
    I drill a hole and tap it for a M3 screw, it is easy to determine the location of the screw as you can clearly see just where the piece has broken away from the shell
    I lightly Countersink the outer wall of the gearbox shell to take a M3 countersunk screw which I think should extend inside the gearbox by 8mm if I remember correctly
    You would need to check this by checking the function of the trigger before applying epoxy to the tapered face of the screw and tightening it in place

After the epoxy has set you will need to grind the head of the screw flush with the gearbox shell so that the Selector plate can freely move back and forth

As for a motor to give you an increased rate of fire, I would suggest a G&P M120 motor a good all round motor that will not break the bank

Comment

I recently had this happen with my SRC HK416... I couldn't be bothered to repair it so I swapped everything over to a spare gearbox casing. It's just a V2 gearbox so most casings will fit. The only ones that won't will be anything with blowback and a few of the cheaper chinese ones.
      The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I would suggest one of the clone high torque motors, much better than the M120.

But saying that, the M120 will be much better than the CA one.

Depending how much money you are looking at to replace the gear box. You could either have someone put one together for you, or buy one from the likes of Ultimate.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Thanks for the reply's, especially lee's comments, that got the old grey matter going.

Found a screw from an old Dell laptop on the desk, drilled a small hole in the gearbox and screwed it in, head inside, perfect fit (just cleared the sector gear teeth!) without any awkward filling/grinding, could have done with the head flattening off on the trigger side for neatness but seems to be working ok, as far as I can tell at this time of night without the wrath of the wife.......

Hopefully will holdup OK when I give it a proper go tomorrow, i'm guessing a steel screw, screwed in to the casing will be stronger than the original part....

On to motors: @ Midas: Which 'clones' are you referring to, which brands to look at?

Are the SHS motors any good (seems to be every opinion under the sun on anything I Google for, and can find a thumbs up for anything...)?

Am I right in thinking high speed gears/high torque motor gives the best of both worlds (i.e. reasonable trigger response with good rate of fire)?

Also is a new high torque motor likely to give better rate of fire with a faster trigger response (on stock gears) over a standard CA motor?

Cheers,

Matt

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mattaddiction 30 odd, been in to Airsoft since I was about 15, recently re-discovered Skirmishing (end of 2012). From North Herts/South Cambridgeshire area. Looking to make contact with any Airsofters in my area. Currently play at Urban Assault in Peterborough, AWAherts is also fairly close, but not yet made it there. Find out more about mattaddiction
          Working...
          X