Barrel / entire front end wobble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrel / entire front end wobble

one of my friends has the same M16 as i do, G&G TR16 R5, and it has developed a mild case of barrel wobble, except the entire front end moves. it still works fine, but it is a little worrying when you have an inch or so of play in all directions...

how do i go about fixing this?

cheers :D
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Re: Barrel / entire front end wobble

Tighten up barrel nut!

Comment

danke. of course. silly me haha. oh well it was late! (and its now early!)

Comment

I used to place an O ring in there so i could really tighten the nut without damaging anything and if the O ring split and got caught in the threads, all the better, as this stoped the barrel nut from working lose under it's own accord.

Comment

good idea loki. now to find an oring of that size... might just dab a lil threadlock in there. hes happy with the standard rail.

Comment

ptfe tape was always my friend when i had barrel wobble. lots around the threads and tighten that sucker down!
            sigpic

Comment

now i suppose the only real question is what do i use to tighten it? ive got a wrench that came with my gun that ive never used, that i assume is a barrel tool.

Comment

What rail is on the delta ring / barrel nut?

If you are using thread lock or PTFE tape there will not be the need to tighten it as though you the Hulk. I sit with the gunbetween my thights pointing upwards with the pistol grip held between my kneess.

Twist until it is tight (maybe use a vert grip on the rail for a little extra leverage) and the job is done.

If you only have a delta ring and the rail slips, i remove the rail and use either mole grips or a plumbers slip joint pliers. You will need to pull back the collar of the delta ring and make sure you have a real good grip on the delta ring to avoid damaging the "fingers" but i have never had an issue with either method - even on my CTWs (and they were TIGHT!)

Comment

standard two piece KAC jobby.
                  there is a notable amount of wobble going on.

Comment

Mole grips, slip jaw pliers or stilson pipe wrench if you do have the correct tool!

I found my 2 piece rail twisted in the delta ring so would have caused more harm than good.

If you get the correct amount of PTFE tape you wont need to go crazy tightening it up either as the tape will inhibit it coming loose again.

- - - Updated - - -

do NOT have the correct tool

Comment

cheers loki, ill give it a go later as its in bits on my desk at home at the moment (rewiring it). and im at work sooo....

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny lovegrove Marshal @ ZED Adventures: The Mall - RIP 2018 Find out more about jonny lovegrove
                      Working...
                      X