Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ics l85a2 performance

Hi all,

I've got an ics l85 which at the moment isn't doing particularly well. The fps on the gun is ridiculously low and not really skirmishable in its current state. It fires, but the fps and range aren't that good.

In terms of the parts that have been changed, I've had to put in a new piston and a new hop rubber since I've had it. The spring that went in at the same time as the piston I suspect has also been clipped as it doesn't give anywhere near 200fps on the high setting.

To get this weapon working again at around the 330fps mark, what would people recommend. As I might well need to buy new parts anyhow, I thought it would be worth my while looking at some upgrades to go in there. I'm thinking at the very least it will need a new spring to boost the fps.

Any recommendations on what parts to get and change. I'm sure someone has been here before so any pointers would be great.

Re: Ics l85a2 performance

Youd be best off getting a 'known' spring, a gaurder m100 or something. So you know for sure that it's not the spring causing you trouble.

Then it's all about the air seal - make ure all the areas are covered:

-Undamaged O-ring for piston head
    -Good air seal Cylinder -> Cylinder head
    -Good air seal Cylinder head -> Nozzle
    -Hop up positioned correctly not causing any air leaks.
    -Perhaps replace the hop rubber (I had this make 100fps worth of difference on its own before) - relatively low cost 'might as well do it while I'm at it' kinda thing.

HTH

Comment

BTW, I work in huntingdon. We were on red team on the 23rd!

Comment

Hiya.

Thanks for the tips there. I'm going to try and take it apart and have a proper look at it all this weekend.

If you were there on the 23rd, you should have popped over to say hi. We weren't exactly easy to miss given that we had put a gazebo up in the safe zone

Comment

I had a simlar problem with mine from new it was sent back to where i bought it from and was told it was the spring had errr gone soft.I was told its been replaced with a new spring and that the FPS was back upto where it should be........It was only slightly higher on the HIGH Spring setting.Anyway one of the TECHs at my local site stripped it for me and used Vaselene on the parts that seal like the nozzle etc,he also informed me that the spring....the NEW spring wasnt new at all but had just been cut down.It was all put back together and the FPS was back upto about 320-330 on .25s so it had increased.Also there is a Flat head screw in the but cap which pushes the gearbox into the hop unit.It seemed to increase the FPS a bit more i guess it was makeing the air seal even better.
          Sorry for the longwinded explination but i thought it could be few things to try before forking out on stuff you may not need(No disrespect to ANYONE who has commented before me who may of suggested new parts)
          Hope you get it sorted fella.

Comment

I recently put a Element m95 in mine

Ended up getting consistently 310 to 315 fps on the low setting.

Perfect for me given the fps laws over here.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Swift Find out more about Swift
            Working...
            X