Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS M4 upper gearbox

Hi guys
    i should be getting my new assembled stock upper gearbox for my ics m4. it comes with a m100 spring was wondering if anyone knew what fps these gearbox's shoot
    i need 328 for GZ urban. i have a guarder sp90 spring to use if its hot does any one have any idea of a rough fps for these springs in ics gearbox's?
    cheers

It should be ok I had a m110 in mine and it was around the 360 mark

Comment

Re: ICS M4 upper gearbox

Ok cheers mate got the assembly today and have fitted the sp90 spring to be on the safe side and if its a little low I'll slap the m100 back in for next skirmish.

Comment

The M90 will do fine, give you about 300/320 depending on how good your airseal is, and personally I'd say 360 is a bit low for an M110, airseal may be out there buddy.
        IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

Thanks for the help guys
          Ive installed the new sp90 in the new upper gearbox so should he perfect airseal and 320 fpsish by what you have said. I also installed a ics m100 spring in the old upper
          With a very dogy airseal (think I did a seal in along with the spring guide dismantling it) so should be fine. If any one can recomend parts to upgrade the naff Piston, cylinder etc. To a reasonable woodland fps a pm woild be vreatly apreciated.
          Cheers
          Lewis

Comment

an m100 should give 328fps~ As 100m/s is 329fps. An m90 should give 300fps~. But all depends on the condition of the piston and cylinder head o rings.

I get brass collets from my local shop, which i use to up the fps of a spring if its shooting a little on the low side/i want to increase the fps by a small amount.
            My stock ics m4 shot at 316fps out of the box, its still in the 300-320fps range now a year later.

Comment

Its not all about fps mate..... My G36 runs at 290 fps and outranges a lot of the other aegs my team use. Its all about the hop and barrel when it comes to range .
              sigpic

Comment

Fps doesn't mean everything... My ICS M4 is firing at 315fps but it holds its own against guns firing at higher fps. Infact, it was busy keeping someone at bay that was using a DMR at 420fps...

My shopping list if I was to build another upper gearbox would be made up of SHS parts, never had a problem with SHS gear.
                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Ok cheers mate will look into them. Not looking for max fps guys was more worried itde be hot on the day.
                  Any recomendations for hops and inner barrels ? Im looking to do them next solong as it wont risk pushing it over 328.
                  Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Ok cheers mate will look into them. Not looking for max fps guys was more worried itde be hot on the day.
                  Any recomendations for hops and inner barrels ? Im looking to do them next solong as it wont risk pushing it over 328.
                  Cheers

Comment

Mine is running a MadBull Black Python 6.03 barrel, as for the hop rubber... No idea. ICS hop units are the only ones you'll get in there, but they're pretty awesome units to be fair. A Madbull barrel and Madbull rubber would be fine I'd say. Tight fit though so lube it up and don't use the nub that comes supplied with the Madbull rubbers, they're too big and can break the hop arm. I've had 2 go this way.
                    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

i like element rubbers
                      sigpic

Comment

i have a stock rubber, still have very good range. my m4 is fully stock on the inside, 90% changed on the outside. I dont mess with ics gear boxes as they dont need it, they just work.

Comment

Iv got a standard ics hop unit and rubber but swapped the nub to an element H nub also standard barrel and can't complain as our woodland site is all about range and she done me very well

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lf16 Find out more about lf16
                          Working...
                          X