Air nozzle too tight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air nozzle too tight?

Hi started an SR-25 build awhile ago and when I was assembling the parts I noticed the air nozzle is really tight on the cylinder head, as in it can barely move even when lubed. Any help is much appreciated? Cheers J.

Re: Air nozzle too tight?

Funnily enough I experienced this the other day...

Comment

Did you fix it?

Comment

Deffo shouldn't be tight.

To get a good seal they can offer resistance but still be able to move quite easily. Try cleaning all the grease off the head nozzle, check the air nozzle inside make sure all is ok, then maybe a light wipe over to the Cylinder head nozzle with very fine wet and dry. If that is no good after a thin wipe over with some silicon lube. Time for a new Air nozzle or maybe both parts if you want.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I've experienced this in the past also. There are combinations of various manufacturer's cylinder heads and nozzles that just aren't compatible. Doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with either of the parts you have. My advice would be, if you know the brand of either part, order the other part by the same manufacturer. If it's too tight, you'll most likely break the tappet plate first. I could suggest boring out the nozzle, but for the cost of the parts and work involved, I wouldn't recommend it.
          AEG video reviews (see 'my topics'):
          G&G L85A2, Carbine & AFV, MP5 Blowback, G2010/F2000, M4 (GR16 & GR15 Raider), FNC, UMG & more...

Comment

As above... It's new nozzle time! :D

Comment

I had this issue with air-seal nozzle, ie. ones with o-rings in. A new one, on a matching cylinder head, had far too much resistance for reliable tappet operation. Had to wear the o-ring in a bit by fitting it to a slightly larger tube and letting it sit for a while. Works fine now and gives a damn good air seal

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Unknown1 Find out more about Unknown1
              Working...
              X