Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with G&G 500

Hello

I am fairly new to all this so go easy on me! Hopefully this is just a silly problem that is easy fixed but I will give as much information as I can regardless so someone can hopefully point me in the right direction

I was at an airsoft game the other day and everything was going fine until about 4-5 hours into the day when my gun very quickly died - it wasn't a sudden stop, it seemed to slow down over the course of about 10 shots and then just stopped firing. When I pulled the trigger I could hear a click coming from inside the gun, like it wanted to fire but couldn't. I just assumed the battery was dead. I actually swapped it out for my spare battery and that wouldn't make any noise/effort at all, but I suspect that battery may just be dead. That evening I tried firing the gun with the first battery in again (without recharging it) and it fired just fine. This was without a magazine in it and it cleared the gun of a BB (as I was obviously unable to 'safe' my gun properly when entering the safe zone as it wouldn't fire!).

I have absolutely no idea where to start troubleshooting this is it a wiring problem, a gearbox problem or something else?

Thanks

Re: Problem with G&G 500

nah dead battery bud. NiMhs have a habit of letting you fire a few shots a bit later after theyve 'died'
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I have seen similar issues before with a lipo - in my experience it's generally a bit of crap that might have got caught up in the teeth, or something that is running close enough to jam occasionally. If charging your batteries doesnt solve it you may want to investigate having your gearbox cleaned.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I'll recharge my batteries (and probably end up buying a replacement for that second one I fear) and play it by ear!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

aceshigh22 Find out more about aceshigh22
        Working...
        X