Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Upper receiver locked

Me again.

I have the TM M4 RIS. Had some barrel wobble and managed to reduce that by 50% - tightening outer barrel and delta ring (thanks Keeper), BUT it still has a slight horizontal rock (no vertical due to that little bolt bit on receiver).

I went to disassemble the gun, to check the join, see the barrel and basically learn some basics.... so i thought.

I took out mag, pushed through lock pin and went to seperate receivers - NOTHING... Something seemed to be stopping it. So pressed in piston button (no battery as yet to dry fire a single shot to push piston). Now - am I being a complete noob and forgetting something or shall I be patient for battery and then once piston is fired into forward position (i think it is) i'll find the M4 slides open like a 5* hotel door?

I'm sure i'll bang out enough of these threads to thoroughly annoy you all, but hey we all start somewhere right? right?...

Re: M4 Upper receiver locked

Which lock pin did you puch through, the rear one or the front one? And that do you mean by piston button? I've never heard of one of those being on a TM AEG unless you mean one of the non-functioning cosmetic pieces on the reciever such as the Forward Assist, Bolt Lock etc.

Anyway, take out both pins, take out the mag as you have done and it should just pull up and away from the lower reciever.

Comment

Take out the rear pin. VERY carfully pull up on the back of the upper receiver. It takes some doing, but don't force it, just work it loose. It'll hinge open. Then you can remove the front pin. and seperate the two halves completely.

When putting the back together, make sure the bolt catch doesn't get trapped on the inside of the upper receiver, and make sure the upper reciever plastic back tabs go back in correctly otherwise they'll break.

Comment

Ok, so I charged old Nicad batt all last night, woke up early today with that childlike excitement as if I were off to Disneyland (Florida) today.

Anyhoo - Fired on semi (sounds nice) which killed battery (close shave) - removed mag - removed rear locking pin - teased the receiver up with a bit of force (AEG had been in attic for years) AND..... yes it worked.

I'm not sure if its a combo of a fresh head on things, the piston being fired or once again using Zero In advice to just be more confident and "believe".

I now have a pivoted receiver and a smile on my face.

Cheers guys

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Bad_Intel Find out more about Bad_Intel
        Working...
        X