Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM G36 misfeeding

Hi,

I have a Tokyo Marui G36 which is really picky about which mags it feeds from. It will go full and semi on most mid/low caps but the moment you try with a high cap it refuses to fire in auto but is still fine in semi. I would really like to be able to run auto on high caps so does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have heard that this is not an overly uncommon issue on some custom guns although a new spring is all that has been done to this gearbox.

Thanx
    sigpic

[PTS ACR Masada DMR][APSxLonex Guardian Match][PTS PDR-C][KWA Glock 18c][My Instinct]

Re: TM G36 misfeeding

Sounds to me like a tappet plate/ nozzle issue.

First things first, field strip it and make sure the lower and upper sit together properly, and the hopup engages with the gearbox properly.

If that doesn't work, have a look at the hop unit, make sure the rubber isn't scrunched or anything.
    Buy my stuff!

Comment

OK, I'm fairly sure its a tappet problem; when i just shoot the rifle on semi looking into the magwell, the nozzle returns to the same place each time in the fully rear position. This makes sense as it works fine on semi consistently, when I fire on full auto the nozzle stops in different positions often not fully to the rear. It seems like it is behaving erratically not using the full range of motion or consistently returning to the same position. I am fairly sure it's the tappet because the nozzle looks fine on close inspection and when I push it into the gearbox it springs back so that seems fine but I just want people's opinion on what they think it could be.

Thanx
      sigpic

[PTS ACR Masada DMR][APSxLonex Guardian Match][PTS PDR-C][KWA Glock 18c][My Instinct]

Comment

I've had the exact same problem with mine what i've done is lower my hop up, sprayed silicone oil into my high cap mags (empty of course) winded them up for a few minutes to work the oil into the gears inside and its now working a treat. I also cleaned my barrel which helped too! hope this helps!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

XLR8ING Find out more about XLR8ING
        Working...
        X