v2 gearbox and spring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v2 gearbox and spring help

hello i brought a king arms m4a1 and i today opened it up to fit in a new spring 110

when i opened i found out there gearbox if different but is still a vs 2 gearbox

opened that up and found that the piston and spring is a tokyo marui where you have to take the piston head off to unhook the spring from the metal thing inside piston

i did this and took out the old spring and then tried to put in my 110 spring

i could not get the spring in and compressed enough to put the gearbox shell back on

when i put the spring in it was nearly fully compressed?

this is where i was confused,

do i need a new piston and piston head without the metal block inside to fit one in?

what are your views on this please help

Re: v2 gearbox and spring help

Had a similar thing with an ICS piston & spring, but I was able to secure the piston head without including the metal part. Is it possible on yours?
    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

You need to heat up the spring to loosen it, worked great on my TM

Comment

Woah, heating springs is a bad idea, if you're not careful it'll cease being a spring!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
        Buy my stuff!

Comment

lol....never heard of anyone doing that.

If you heat the spring you will change the properties of the material. It is ok to heat up the end of the spring to re ground. But I wouldn't recommend heating up the whole thing. If you do....DO NOT quench it under the cold tap, it will become brittle.
          Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

and being a m110 spring in a kingarms will be over 360fps, i had fitted an element sp105 into my black water carbine and it ran 356fps,
            im now down to a sp90 and running a nice 330fps

King arms, dont use a metal block in the back, what colour is the piston head / piston,

Comment

well i have ordered a new piston and piston head because the piston that was in the gearbox was a tokyo marui and it did bot have enough room with the metal block in the front to take another spring

no i can not take out the metal block as the piston head screws in to it, the new piston should be here tomorrow so will strip it all down again and try with a new piston and piston head hopefully it will work

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by generalbaxter View Post
              and being a m110 spring in a kingarms will be over 360fps, i had fitted an element sp105 into my black water carbine and it ran 356fps,
              im now down to a sp90 and running a nice 330fps

King arms, dont use a metal block in the back, what colour is the piston head / piston,
              i want it to run about 270-380 and i said in my original post the gearbox has been changed and its a tm piston with head and spring

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Davism1988 Find out more about Davism1988
              Working...
              X