Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double feeding

hi all,
    im new to the technical side of airsoft and i am having problems with my g36. when the hop up is off it fires fine, but then turn it on even a tiny bit and it will double feed, and will be down on power and range i have cleaned the barrel

thanks

Re: Double feeding

Strip the hop up completely, clean the barrel thoroughly, clean the hop rubber with some washing up liquid and dry, re-assemble then test. And let us know how it goes.
    Also make sure the hop rubber is not worn: Theres a little mound inside the rubber make sure this bit has not worn.

The best way to clean a barrel is while its not attached to the hop. I do not know how you have done it but ill just list how i do it.

First i use some brite multi purpose dish cloths and cut them into strips for the cleaning rod.
    Then i do a couple of passes with a dry strip.
    Then i use some kind of degreaser, all i have at the moment is wd40 so i just use that. I usually do a 5 passes and also attach the rod to a drill on a low speed.
    Then i go back to the dry passes and do quite a few until i think that all the degreaser has been removed.

This may not be the best way, but after this my barrels are super shinny and very clean.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

Okay thanks

Comment

Hi thanks for the tip but that didn't work

Comment

Try a new hop rubber. This is usually the cause of any double feeds ive had. Unless your air nozzle or tappet plate are damaged

Comment

May not help much but i had this problem when using certain mags, mainly magpul mids yet with cheaper mids flawless feeding and no double feeds but it could just be that my guns are awkward gits

Also just thought strip the hop back and check the nub is ok if it is degraded / worked its way to an awkward angle etc that will affect the "bite" and potentially interrupt feeding

Comment

I'd check the simple things first. Like have you changed the BB's you are using? I bought some BB's that were suppose to be good, when I started using them my gun started jamming and double feeding. I didn't think the BB's were at fault at first because they were suppose to be a good make. After messing around cleaning the barrel, changing the hop up rubber and scratching my head I still had the problem. It was only when I used a mag that still had some of the original BB's I was using in it that I noticed the problem was that.

BB's and Magazine should be the first thing checked, if they are fine then look at barrel and hop up rubber.

good luck
              My Latest video

Comment

Thanks every one recently had a new hop up rubber and nub is the madbull shark good to prevent double feeding and again thanks all

Comment

any other tips????

Comment

chuck an element red rubber in there.... its what ive always used and ive never had any issues
                    sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lee11197 Find out more about lee11197
                    Working...
                    X