ics sig 551 misfeeding misfiring and jamming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ics sig 551 misfeeding misfiring and jamming

Having serious problems with my sig 551. Its a v3 gearbox. I fitted a new steel tooth piston to it as the previous owner had told me it had stripped its original plastic piston. I replaced that and reshimmed the gears. Now something very weird is happening. With out a mag in it shoots fine but with the mag in it will misfeed misfire and jam. Sometimes it will unjam itself by just a few bb's rolling out of the barrel. It also makes a grinding noise when it jams or misfeeds. Also I don't think the anti reversal latch is working because after firing a burst on auto after I let my finger off the trigger the gearbox will continue to turn. Would the arl cause all these problems?? Also the piston looks worn already and I fitted a brand new one today!! All help appreciated guys!!
    sigpic

Re: ics sig 551 misfeeding misfiring and jamming

Has the piston got fully steel teeth? If so i have been told that they have to be shimmed and AOE'd perfectly to work properly otherwise they can cause problems in gearboxes. Have you got a polycarbonate piston that you can pop in and try?
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Comment

Re: ics sig 551 misfeeding misfiring and jamming

You should be aiming to solve why the first piston stripped before ever considering a full metal teeth piston.

The jamming sounds like an AOE issue at best. Are you sure it's ok without a mag in?
      Get it open and look for wear on the piston and gears.

As for the arl, the noise of a gb un-winding is very different to over spin. So, when you stop pulling the trigger, does it sound the same as when the gb is firing or different?
      Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
      Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

seanycozzie24v Find out more about seanycozzie24v
      Working...
      X