Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real sword svd problems

Hello
    I've got a brand new real sword svd which is not firing properly.
    I fire about 30 bbs from the 96 round mag and then a bb will only come out every 3 to 4 shots.
    It also starts to occasionally double feed then it leaves about 20 bbs in the mag that won't come out at all.
    I thought I'd see people's opinions before I take it back to the shop where I got it from.
    Any advice much appreciated in advance.

Thanks
    Duncan

Re: Real sword svd problems

Give the magazine a clean and check the spring has enough tension to feed the rounds.
    I've found the magazine springs to be a little feabel.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

How new, if you got it online just send it back/ ask for them to replace it, i mean if its new you shouldnt really accept anything non working at that price

Comment

Before you return it, I assume you have loosened the hop so that it's all the way off? If not, your hop is too high and is blocking the barrel. Loosen it all the way (so the bolt pokes out of the top of the hop).

If that's not the case, it may possibly be a case of the 2 bolts that bolt the hop unit down holding it in the incorrect place, i.e. too far forward:
        • Remove the top cover
        • Loosen the 2 bolts holding the hop unit in place
        • Insert a spare inner barrel down the flash-hider and gently push on the inner barrel, forcing the hop unit as far back against the hop unit as it will go.
        • Make sure that the unit is perfectly vertical and re-tighten the screws.

At this point, if it's still not working, I'd return it, the next step is invasive.

If it still does not work:
        • Remove the entire inner barrel assembly (ask if unsure how)
        • Angle it so that the tip of the barrel lower than the hop unit and the feed tube is pointing upwards
        • Drop a bb into the chamber
        • Block the rear of the unit and gently blow down the feed tube
        • The BB should effortlessly shoot down the barrel

If not, your hop rubber is either torn or more likely, not on properly, remove the hop unit and sort it out.

If after all of that it still does not work, let us know what you find. It could be an internal issue, but I highly doubt that tbh.

Comment

Thank you all very much. I'll try all those suggestions before I take it back. This is an excellent forum with polite and helpful people. Cheers!!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

duncanh Find out more about duncanh
          Working...
          X