Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring upgrade question

Hi,

I'm off to a weekend event where we are allowed to have AEG at 370 fps, and I'd like to get my rifle shhoting at around this.

I have an ICS m4 with the split gearbox, shooting at around 290 ish. Can I just get a spare upper and swap the spring out, or will I need to replace anything else? Also what strength spring should I go with the get this sort of FPS?

Many thanks for your advise,

Cheers

Pau
    Last edited by sj_asc; 23 April, 2013, 00:22. Reason: Moved to "Tech - Electric Guns"

Re: Spring upgrade question

FPS depends on a lot of things, mainly the spring, but there are loads of other variables.

Swapping out for a Guarder SP100 should get you close enough, around 360fps on a good set up.

No need for a spare upper, just swap the spring.

Comment

it should take you less than 15 minutes to swap an ics upper gb spring
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
        FPS depends on a lot of things, mainly the spring, but there are loads of other variables.
        Particularly if your gun is shooting at 290 in the first place.
        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

Thanks for the advise, I'll just grap a spring then, thought I might need toupgrade other bits as well. I guess at 290 fps I dont have a 100% airseal, but will figure this out as well.

Cheers again

Paul

Comment

Question.. Why do you want to get your gun around 360-370FPS? What will you gain?

Comment

To be fair 290 fps isn't the end of the word. My Sentry has been sat up in the loft since August until the weekend before last, chronograph showed 277 fps in the morning, was perfectly usable for the day.

You might be better off getting yourself upto 350fps mind, which is a more common limit than 370fps.

In terms of general maintenance, cleaning and silicone the rubber parts could help, as will cleaning the barrel of any debris.

The ongoing debate of how fps relates to range / accuracy will probably go onto the end of time. Undeniably the rounds will get there quicker for starters, secondly I can't ever recall anybody arguing that too much fps gives bad results. Logically, to a point, more power gets you further, so I always aim for the highest permitted.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KillEmAll Find out more about KillEmAll
              Working...
              X