Wii Tech hop unit for Magpul Masada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Tech hop unit for Magpul Masada

Hi guys, im looking to get a Wii tech hop unit for my masada to hopefully improve the hop in my masada

its constantly firing to the right after about 100-150ft, i've taken the 8 nub out and i think its had it, seems to slant to one side (must have not wound the hop off when removing the barrell)

now with the wii hop unit, ive seen a bundle, the unit and nub, piston head (i think thats what it was) and hop rubber. now do i need ALL 3 for it to work or can i just install the unit? i have a guarder clear rubber on the barrel so its not stock, i think thats all right

ive not taken apart a gearbox before so im hessitant on the piston head, but i know what im doing with the hop unit

Re: Wii Tech hop unit for Magpul Masada

As far as I know you could just use the hop unit, but I would recommend installing the Wii Tech air nozzle (its not a piston head) over the stock one. The stock one is plastic whereas the Wii Tech one is metal and will last longer, and should interface with the Wii Tech hop unit better.

I am considering this upgrade as well, as of late I am having major issues with my Masada. First it wouldn't fire 0.25s properly, but would fire 0.2s fine. Cleaned and checked mags, made no difference. Saw the nub was squashed, replaced with a new one, and then it wouldn't fire at all, bb's kept jamming at the nub, even with the hop wound off. So I am also stumped as to the issue, hence I am thinking perhaps replacing the hop unit altogether might help.

Comment

Hunter,

I have a Wii Tech hop chamber, not installed yet though. I'll be happy to share my findings once I get it in. I've heard it is 'tricky' to install so I think I'm going to get my local tech to fit it, to avoid a cock up with the gear box.

I'd love to find the Wii Tech nub arm H thingy but been looking high and low, no luck. Will just have to use the standard arm...

Where in Essex are you? I'm in Chelmsford.
      Last edited by Trouble; 2 May, 2013, 14:37.
      “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

I fitted a Wii tech hop chamber to my Masada and in my honest opinion you don't need the chamber itself .
        The hop adjustment arm is what makes the difference and it uses a brass h nub, you can super glue the nub to the adjustment arm but I didn't I literally took the whole hop unit out by punching the role pins out and just removed the old adjustment arm and put the new one in with the brass nub while holding the chamber upsidedown to stop the nub going in wrong.
        I've since got rid of the Masada but my mate has it now and the range with .25g is amazing and very accurate.
        Also there are plenty of these Wii tech adjustment arms and nub packages on the bay of e.

Comment

Not been able to find the adjustment arms on there, yet, although seen them in completed listings... I don't want to install the chamber until I have it....
          “If it means interfering in an ensconced, outdated system, to help just one woman, man or child…I’m willing to accept the consequences.” -Wonder Woman #170

Comment

The adjustment arm and nub are available from Wii Techs website still it would seem. I am just ordering me the hop set and adjuster arm set just now. I am having issues getting my gun to fire properly, but I think its a hop/rubber/nub/air nozzle issue rather than a mag feeding issue as I have never had mag issues before.

Comment

Good shout, I see it on their site, I've only been looking on ebay.

Comment

thanks for the input guys. i didnt know the nub on the wii tech was brass, sounds much better than the rubbery/plastic shite that was in the stock unit

Originally posted by Gav0909 View Post
                I am considering this upgrade as well, as of late I am having major issues with my Masada. First it wouldn't fire 0.25s properly, but would fire 0.2s fine. Cleaned and checked mags, made no difference. Saw the nub was squashed, replaced with a new one, and then it wouldn't fire at all, bb's kept jamming at the nub, even with the hop wound off. So I am also stumped as to the issue, hence I am thinking perhaps replacing the hop unit altogether might help.
                i seem to be having odd issues like that. at first all my bbs used to ping off randomly, then when i thought i fixed the nub, it went sharply right almost as soon as it left the barrel.
                ive done further mods to hopefully sort the problem, have yet to skirmish it though, but it will be a last resort, if that dont work, then i will buy the upgrade

Originally posted by Trouble View Post
                Where in Essex are you? I'm in Chelmsford.
                Basildon mate, a few miles down the road lol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

hunter241 It's good to be different Find out more about hunter241
                Working...
                X