Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA R85A1 can you..?

Sup guys,

Recently got an R85A1 and i was just wondering, is there anything to replace the foregrip with? When i say that i mean to add rails to it? I don't need anything on there but im just really curious to find out if some company does a custom foregrip.

Also, does anyone with experience find that this guns foregrip is just a tad bit tacky? The plasticy-ness just feels too... Toys'r'us
    My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Utorak007

Re: AA R85A1 can you..?

I didn't mind the plastic when I had mine. If it bothers you you could source the G&G handguard, which is a nicer, more textured plastic as far as I remember.

Ifyou want some rails, provided you have battery space there's nothing stopping you buying a couple of short rails, drilling through the handguard and bolting them on. If done tastefully and not too OTT then it should look very nice.

Comment

I have been looking at purchasing an R85 myself bit hard to find now though, if the original handgaurd is bothering you that much the best way to sort it is to place small rails on it, they look best attached to the bottom of the fore grip and look quite nice with a vertical grip on them. Or you could always take it a step further you could get your hands on a Underslung Grenade Launcher for the l85 which look awesome (the l85 UGL also has some rails on it)

hope this helped

Comment

real l85a2 handguards are a lot more solid, thay do fit but you would need to change to a mini battery or a lipo
        WANTED
        Mid cap mp5 mags
        s-arms m4 mags
        motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

unfortunaely for the UGL option i'm told it needs some heavy modding to work, since its designed for the star model
          KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
          mix'n'match M4
          Maruzen P99

Comment

My mate and i fit a G36 rail or something to the front.. ?

Chandler

TM 226r, SYSTEMA PTW, Custom built m4, DE shotty, what else would a man need ?

Comment

or you could fit an m4 casv onto the L85A1 , as someone on this forum did that ,

and i was in process of doing untill had to sell sa80

Comment

sa80 a1 and a2 hanguards fit propper snug and im talkign real ones and if u have the cash real sa80 ris hanguards fit aswell and u can even mod a mini nimh bat for more voltage or get lipo

Comment

if you dont need much ris, you could get one of the barrell mounted rails? i have a 1" one on the front of mine for wounting a torch or laser, and that works well without spoiling the look of it
                  KSC MP7A1 (Tw)
                  mix'n'match M4
                  Maruzen P99

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Utorak Find out more about Utorak
                  Working...
                  X