best motor for pdr ? short type 11.1v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best motor for pdr ? short type 11.1v

Ok so looking for an upgrade motor for my pdr, It`s running an m100 spring on stock gears, max I`ll put in there is an m120 if I`m playing woodland.

It`s using an 11.1v 1400mah 15c battery no a mini deans so I need something that won't drain that fast but will still kick up a good 22+ rps

I`m trying to keep the budget under £30 but I could spring to £40

Best short type motor UT motor with some speed at the moment ?
    sigpic
    Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Re: best motor for pdr ? short type 11.1v

have a word with JJraptor, he recently upgraded a pdr and had to do a little modding for the new motor. not sure on the details but i think it was a systema motor, and the case needed a bit of material removing.
    For Sale!
    TM M870 with a load of stuff
    A&K massada sniper spec
    Chronograph
    leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Well non neodymium motors are pretty good on power providing you don't exceed the efficient load rating, and an M100 isn't really a task on stock ratio gears.

The best non neo motor I have used is hands down the Systema Energy. Very reliable, higher peak RPM and Torque than G&P's M120, and very well made. None of the aluminium end bell nonsense, so shorting isn't an issue.

G&P's M120 is also a good motor on the cheap. I'm not sure why there seems to be a notion of people bashing these recently, they are fantastic motors. They will not match up to neodymium equivalents in terms of performance, but they will certainly exceed 22rps w/M100 and a 15C 11.1v even at that capacity! Pinion gear's aren't suited to extreme loads, but for M100 at that rate it will be fine.

Other than that, if you want a good cheap neodymium motor, the Lonex A1 is a steal
      dsgdreamteam

Comment

I have a lonex high torque and couldnt reccomend it enough. I get 25 rps on high speed gears m110 and 7.4 lipo
        Current : Systema Mk18 CQBR, KSC Glock 17

Wanted : TM VSR Gspec, TM Sig 226

Comment

Hmm I find a g&p m120 gets pretty hot when you run them at 11.1v ?

Was thinking more of going for an Ultra torque motor just not sure who`s making the best one for the money now days ?

Shs, element, dream army,X-High-tech and so on ? Only really have £30 to spend on one.

Systema motors are normally quite bulky I could see getting one into a pdr could be a bit of a hassle, looking for 22rps or more with no heat issues, can`t be asked to fit 13:1 gears on the pdr.
          sigpic

Comment

The shs ones are bang on. I bought a high speed on the cheap (ebay unused for £15) the thing has bags of torque and is putting out 29rps on a 9.6v
            -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
            -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I was looking at an AIP motor but not sure if I want to get the high speed or high torque motor, just don't want to have any issues with pre-engagement, so I was thinking of getting the torque motor plus it`ll draw less from the battery, should still be able to hit 22 to 26rps with one right ?
              sigpic

Comment

Going from what zeroone have to offer

Guarder Motor with Short Shaft Standard

JBU Motor with Short Shaft for High Torque

I personally have not used these motors but i know people who have used them.
                Guarder motors probably faster as its balanced or (standard)

Also the src motors are very nice, loads of torque compared to an shs HT

Or stretch for a lonex motor.

A3 will be a good bet

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

I don't know if G&P do the M170 devil jet in short configuration. However if they do, I can only say positive,s about it. Yes you pay £60 which may be higher than the others mentioned. But bloody hell it does the job. That motor is used in my xm177 with a 13:1 gear ratio on a 9.9life battery. This combined with the chimera fet pumped out lightening semi shots, and if I switch to auto theirs no stopping it. The active breaking destroyed my guarder high torque however the m170 is going strong after triple what the guarder went through. I really can't speak highly enough of this motor. If you can get it in short shaft, GET IT!!!

Comment

Heat is always a problem in airsoft motors and ones wound for speed do heat up faster. The G&P M120 should be fine if you're not sustaining fire like crazy!. Failing this, the Marui EG1000 is a little slower but would be more stable.
                    With a decent wiring loom and a 3034 based FET, surely you could exceed 22rps w/M100 spring on the existing motor?
                    dsgdreamteam

Comment

Yes maybe with the 30c battery I just got I`ll have to re do some of the wiring as I found it`s got a set of connectors on it

It just seams a wee bit slow and I do like to be able to give a few long bursts every now and then

I just don`t like the stock motor much and I`m going to have to pull it out as it`s got spade connectors so I`d be soldering it in so I may as well swap out the motor I think I`ll go for one of them AIP torque motors but I might order the red dot and torch for it 1st.
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

thekonassure Find out more about thekonassure
                      Working...
                      X