Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFC HK417 RIS removal

Hi guys,
    I need to tighten up the RIS on my 417 as it is a little bit wobbly so I thought the first step would be to remove it and find where the looseness is coming from. The only problem is the 2 screws on the side don't seem to want to come off so I was wondering if i'm missing something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
    TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Re: VFC HK417 RIS removal

Sorted now! Wasn't using a big enough screwdriver to really get a good grip on the screws :P
    TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //

Comment

Ok, next issue. I have removed and then reinstalled the RIS to try and resolve the wobble but to no avail. Any suggestion to stop 417 rail wobble?

Comment

Tighten the barrel nut maybe?
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

If all else fails - you can use a 'Madbull RAS fix' - I bought one for my TM M4 that had a very slight twist style wobble which I hated. Never used it, so it's for sale if you need it
          TM HK416D | SOCOM GEAR M9A1 SOF

Comment

As the 417 rail is a bit of an oddity (not conventional AR) all I could suggest is maybe a couple of small washers between the screws and the body (the inside against the outer barrel fixing).
            Looks like your a little unlucky, my 417 RIS is solid. Have you informed the retailer?

Cheers
            Ben
            "As the Great Warrior poet Ice Cube once said, when the day does not require an AK it is good"

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
              Tighten the barrel nut maybe?
              It does actually look like it isn't fully screwed on but it seems fastened elsewhere? Do you know how I can fasten it?

Comment

looks like some strategically placed blue tac has worked for now! This gun is so bloody confusing!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

-Archer- Proud member of 'Black Arrow' If you'd like to contact me with more ease than PM's, Email me at [email protected] :) Find out more about -Archer-
                Working...
                X