Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First gun help!

Hey
    Might like a dump question, but here it goes..
    I am new to airsoft and got an AK and dont know much about it. I checked manufacturer website and recommended nimh 9.6v battery which I got and charged it.
    When I connected it the is not response to the trigger, like not power getting through.

Has anyone any ideas, or am I just missing something really simply. This is my first gun and not manual with it.

Re: First gun help!!!

1) are you sure you have charged it correctly
    2) are all the wires connected
    3) are the connectors making contact
    4) have you tried a different battery

it maybe the gun but seeing as its new it may be a battery problem (obviously dont take the gun out of the equation but its unlikely)
    Gas Sig Saucerhttp://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...170-gas-pistol

Comment

Sorry if this is too basic; but have you moved the fire selector to semi-auto or full auto? It's the lever on the right hand side on the rifle.

Matt
      Last edited by Honest_Matt; 16 May, 2013, 22:27. Reason: typo
      Sent using ones and zeros over the ether.
      --
      I appear to be highly attractive to bb's; yet highly repulsive to springs and gearbox internals...

Comment

Yep tried that Matt. I had a play around with the gun while battery was charging. I might leave the battery over night on trickle charge as its new

Comment

I'd expect something out of the gun even if the battery isn't fully charged; possibly just some motor whine/noise. It's always best to fully charge a new battery though.

If you don't have any luck after charging the battery, check the fuse first. It's usually close to the wiring in the stock and I've seen several come lose in transit. Is the gun new? f so I'd take it back to where it came from, with the battery and ask for some help - most retailers will be helpful. If it was second hand, then try going to a local shop or skirmish site. Failing that, look at it as a good way to learn about the gun.

Hope you get it going,
          Matt
          Sent using ones and zeros over the ether.
          --
          I appear to be highly attractive to bb's; yet highly repulsive to springs and gearbox internals...

Comment

I also only have one battery so cant try another. I think the gun was only used for photo shot and review in airsoft action and neber used in a game. But not sure if it was run on a LiPo or Nimh.
            The battery im using is a vapex small pack 9.6v 1600 it that helps.

Comment

If you can't get it working, pop along to Elite Action Games at Clapham Common woods near Worthing on Sunday and our techy guys will be happy to fix it for you.

Comment

I keep meaning to head down, for the last few months. I did join the fb group. Hopefully see u on the site soon. But not this sunday as have to work.

Comment

All I can suggest, in addition to what has been suggested is to remove the screw holding the pistol grip. Undo the two screws holding the motor cage to the gearbox and hinge away the motor.
                  Inside the gearbox you will see the first bevel gear (the one the motor gear turns) At the rear of this gear you will see a pivoting metal lever that engages onto the spindle of the first gear. (This is known as the anti reversal latch, it stops the gearbox winding backwards)

Use a stiff piece of wire which has had a 3-4mm right angle leg bent at one end ie 'L' shaped. A paperclip might be strong enough for this but be prepared to remake the bottom leg several times.
                  Insert the lower leg under the anti reversal latch and pull sharply upwards. It may take several attempts, but the catch should spring upwards slightly releasing the first gear and possibly a locked up gearbox.

What has possibly happened is the previous user fired it with a virtually flat battery, which was only powerful enough to wind the spring back to maximum compression, but not enough to wind it that little further to release it.

Its a common problem on our site hire AKs when hirers are determined to get that 'last' shot off. For speed, to get the gun working again we usually stick an 11.1 lipo on the gun which has enough grunt to spin it over.

Comment

Right thats sound way to complicated for me. Ill try another battery the one I bought may be the problem. The gun is to expensive and as far as im aware only 100 units build so stuff like that ill leave to the experts.

Comment

what make of ak is it exactly??
                      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Its a BO AKM 13

Comment

Ok got a new battery and it definitely isnt the battery. I took the motor out and tried it again so it wasnt making contact with the gears and stilk not work. But motor runs fine when it was taken out completely. So looks like it might be to do with the trigger maybe. Any ideas..

Comment

Is it under warranty?

If so, maybe send it back.
                            There's a scammer operating openly on this forum. Please be aware of who you're dealing with.

Comment

Re: First gun help!

Sounds like a gearbox jam due to a low or bad battery being used, I think these AKs were setup with 11.1 lipos in mind anyway.
                              At 600 quid, send it back get it done under warranty.
                              section 24 of the 1968 Act
                              Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

irish1759 Find out more about irish1759
                              Working...
                              X