CA M16 trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA M16 trouble

A friend of mine has an M16 he's got a problem with. the battery has been fully charged but there's apparently no response from the gun what-so-ever.

i'm calling either a completely dead battery or a blown fuse but was wondering if i could have another opinion on the case as i'm not the most technically minded of airsofters but would like to try and help him

thanks
    sigpic

Maybe the battery is not being connected properly, i.e. inside the connector, the metal is not connected, so a circuit is not formed so now power is supplied to the motor.

Comment

Re: CA M16 trouble

right, i'm now in possession of the gun so I can provide a lot more info.
      the fuse was completely in-tack and all the wires leading to the gearbox were fine. the battery ran in one of my guns so that eliminates both my theories
      I'm going to take apart the gearbox as when the battery is connected and the trigger is pulled you can occasionally hear an electrical sound (a bit like a spark)
      I'm hazarding a guess that this means a loose wire internally?
      sigpic

Comment

Probably or maybe the motor may have got stuck, have a look and report back.

Turkey

Comment

Something's probably blocking the gears from spinning. So i'd advice not to continue pulling the trigger else you may fry your trigger contacts.

Take it apart, and re grease everything, should work again.
          Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
          Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
          Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
          Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Update:

I've taken the gearbox apart and it was in a god awful state with a substance that was almost like chewing gum! lol
            anyway, I lubed it all up, put it back together and it fired for around 20 rounds, then it when back to it's original f*cked state.
            not sure what to do now! haha
            sigpic

Comment

What spring, motor etc is in it? have you shimmed it correctly and adjusted the motor height? Was it loud and whingy when you pulled the trigger?
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Rebend the trigger contacts. And take the motor out the GB. (Wire it up, just not in the GB) to see if its the box locking up or an electical issue.
                -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I haven't got a clue what spring it's packing but it's got the standard CA motor in it (so I imagine everything is bog-standard)

I've got a feeling the trigger contacts are buggered.

this is the abysmal state the gearbox was in:
                  IMG-20130519-00369.jpgIMG-20130519-00370.jpgIMG-20130519-00371.jpgIMG-20130519-00372.jpg
                  sigpic

Comment

Well clean it up :L what do the contacts look like bud?

Comment

yeah, I did :P this was before i got to work

the contacts looked like they belong more in a BBQ than a gun
                      sigpic

Comment

Been using an 11.1? Lol. You can clean them up with sandpaper or replace them.

Comment

he's supposedly been using an 8.4v! god knows what he's actually done to it
                          yeah, i'll take it apart again and do as you suggest tomorrow
                          thanks for the help
                          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

The Airsoft Lad WWII 514th American Re-enactor Find out more about The Airsoft Lad
                          Working...
                          X