CA m15 firong problem!! its delayed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA m15 firong problem!! its delayed?

basicly i plug in my battery and pull the trigger nowt happens. if i hold the trigger down after about 5 second it then responds but if i put my ear to it its sounds like its frying?
    im tempted to take it apart but not sure? i need help quick cos im skirmishing in 2 weeks!
    please please help asap
    thanks iain

Re: CA m15 firong problem!! its delayed?

could be a few things, sound like the motor isnt turning,have you checked to see if it has a fuse thats been replaced with a chunk of metal?
    if it has been bridged and the motor cant turn then your battery will be dumping some serious Amps into the motor coils.

strip it all down and chack if the motor turns on its own outside of the gearbox, then see how the gears turn on their own without the piston in etc..

good luck
    back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

right the motor turns but its delayed. im sure its somthing in the gearbox.
      maybe the electric current isnt getting through?

Comment

Sound like some serious resistance somewhere.

Can you hear the motor trying to turn untill after 5 seconds as you say it fires. it should make a sort of clicking noise when you initially squeeze the trigger.

Comment

I think it's your trigger switch. You'll be causing more damage firing it.

Comment

yea i had this on my ics m4 its the trigger switch u have to push them closer together or buy a new one

Comment

Exact same problem on a CA G36. The "frying" you are hearing it the electricity jumping between the connectors, which causes them to oxidise. So you'll wanna stop that

Really simple fix, open up the mech box (see a guide if you need help. The main thing is to make sure the spring don't "ping" and send all your gears flying)

On the pic below, the red arrow point to the connector "finger". The trigger pushes this forward to contact with the connector that the blue arrow points to. Sometimes the "finger" gets pushed back into the housing. So does not quite reach. That's why the current is jumping, and frying. With a pair of pliers pull the "finger" out. I stuck a tiny peice of wire down there, but half a dry grain of rice would do. Anything that is thick enough to ensure the "finger" is not puched back inside too deep.

Pop the "finger" back in, and "jobs a gudden!"

Pull the trigger (place your finger where it pivots or you'll be fiddling with the trigger spring for 10mins :p) and check that when not pulled there is no connection. When it is pulled, the "finger" sits right between the contacts to ensure a good connection.

Comment

but strettman had a look for me and yes he replaced the trigger bit which was right but then he said the selector plate was playing up and he couldnt always get it find its right position. he said that the "bearings are nackered?"
                now what i need to know is what size bearings? and is it any old m4 selector?
                cheers guys
                thanks loads jagillham for that extremly helpful diagram. it has really helped me:D
                Last edited by sniperiain; 20 March, 2009, 07:42.

Comment

you can get gearboxes thay have different bearing sizes, eg you can have a version 2 with 7 or 8 mm bearing holes, safest bet is to use a ruler and measure which size you'll need
                  back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sniperiain Find out more about sniperiain
                  Working...
                  X