Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celcius CTW not firing problem!

hey there,

i recently bought a nice mk18 ctw team alpha mx2 from some guy on these forums . it worked fine for a couple of shots ( actually it didnt , 90% dry feeds eventually turned into 90% bb chopping ) but then i heard a slight winding noise coming from the motor and that was it, pulling the trigger now does nothing. the blue LED still switches on to tell you that the electrics are on atleast.

my guess is the motor has had its life time which is a huge bummer but is there any way of making sure this is the case? ptw compatible motors are damn expensive and rewinding them isnt much cheaper.

as far as the bb feeding and chopping goes its a common problem with these and i think i can sort that by grinding sown the wall inside the hopup chamber into a slope so the air nossle doesn't crack the bbs.

thanks for reading, any advice is appreciated.
    mk18 systema ptw, bolt b4a1, Ultimate built m4, mauser psg1, ksc X-Five, dan wesson 4", we baby hi-capa,

Re: Celcius CTW not firing problem!

it does sound like the motor has gone to me, with ptw's the led actually flashes when it goes or detects a fault but the common reason it flashes is due to the motor.

with regards to your chopping, make sure the air nozzle is tightened up properly, also your need to strip down the cylinder and hop unit and clean both properly, as you will have got lots of tiny bits of bb's into all the small places it can. its well worth cleaning both before attempting any modifications to the hop unit its self, may also want to clean the mags as well.

are you using the same ammo that the previous owner used or different?
    sigpic

Comment

uhm i have absolutely no idea what kind of ammo he used but i tried a few different brands i had laying around, some proballs and biospheres. i was thinking about buying some excells but would like to get the gun working beforehand.
      i did realize something actually when firing the led would blink for a split second off and back on again, dont know if that means anything as it was hardly noticeable.
      ill check the cylinders later on this morning as anything i tend to do with my gun makes allot of noise and itl probably wake up the neighbors hehe,
      the cylinders came to me in peices, 1 of which wasnt working and with the case of the other 2, one of them does not feed any bb's at all, not even 1/10000.
      but again ill check the nossles and stuff tomorrow morning.

is there any way of checking the motor to see whether it is the one at fault or not?

thanks for the help
      mk18 systema ptw, bolt b4a1, Ultimate built m4, mauser psg1, ksc X-Five, dan wesson 4", we baby hi-capa,

Comment

I had a similar problem with feed and chopped BB's i tried different ammo and then put more sponge in the bottom of the mags and that helped. No more chopping and 99% better feed. As for the motor i am not sure. I was told mine was new

Comment

i just forked out some cash for a new motor (hyperion) and the electrics seem to work fine, however i seem to have a massive under-fps issue
          by that i mean im using an m120 spring and its not piercing cardboard at <1meter away D:
          any ideas ?

Comment

i managed to get it working after messing round with it the whole day although i cant get any hopup thats another issue,
            it only works on semi sometimes though as on auto after the first 2 rounds its just shooting blanks which makes me think that the mags simply arent feeding fast enough.

is there any way to make the mags feed faster without buying new ones, maybe stretching the springs or something just curious.

Comment

What mags are u using. Is it the standard hop unit

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Bb wise I use 0.25 blasters in mine

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

aye ive got the standard hop unit aswell as a spare one, which in turn means i have them on separate barrels both 6.00mm

i used diamon blaster .28's aswell as zeroone .25's and tbh both works just as well as eachother when it fired them.

as for the hopup i have a fix in mind.

i have 1 celcius original mag aswell as 7 mags that looks like p mags but have a duck symbol on the side o.o idk what their called but ive seen them in many videos i think their quite popular ( i bought the gun 2nd hand here and it came with them)

the mags themselves dont have much spring tention tbh but it seems to work.

my guess is that the battery fires too fast for the mags to feed fast enough but atm i dont have a 9v to test that (i will as soon as i can borrow one :3)

ty 4 replies!
                  Sebastien

Comment

i got it feeding just using zeroone bbs now however the first 20 bbs that come out the mag only go about 9fps (no seariously) then the rest seem about the high 200's unless it gets to the last 15 bbs in the mag that dont feed at all they just chop and 90% dry feeds

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

nitrok Find out more about nitrok
                    Working...
                    X