Advice on upgradeing my dboys m4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on upgradeing my dboys m4

Right im looking to upgrade my m4 a little and was looking at an outer barrel, tight bore inner and changing the hop on it.

Is it worth it and for a novice to these things is it hard to change these things. I want to change the spring and possibly the box in the future but funds, wife, baby on the way limit me to what I can do and the thought of changing the spring scares the hell out of me any way.

Im fairly confident at tacking the gun apart to a point so not a problem there I just need to know what is involved in doing the barrel and other parts.

Re: Advice on upgradeing my dboys m4

Your mileage may vary on the TB inner (you may get more jams depending on your ammo and the performance increase may be negligible when compared to the price), but a hop upgrade is generally pretty worthwhile. TM rubber plus an H-bub (Z1 sells both I think) will do it. Outer barrel isn't an upgrade, it's cosmetic only. Swap if you don't like the look of your current.

In any case all 3 parts are extremely easy to change, especially on an M4. Once you pop the body pin(s) and split the upper and lower receiver, the hop chamber will come right out and pull the inner barrel with it. Youtube will show you the details.

As for the spring, it's like 10quid, but in this country with the 1J limit there's not much point to it (unless you're downgrading to get a better ROF or building a DMR). Gearboxes operate on voodoo sorcery principles, do not fix what isn't broke.

Good luck. PM if you have more questions.

Comment

Re: Advice on upgradeing my dboys m4

lol thanks the gearbox thing I really agree and am gona have a friend who is skilled in this dark art have a look at it as a good service might be a good start. The outer barrel is an upgrade for me as im a large clumsy sod so a smaller barrel makes a big improvement lol. the h bit is a new one and I don't know what that is but hey lol im sure I will find out lol.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Vanrad Find out more about Vanrad
      Working...
      X