hopup rubber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hopup rubber

Hi am looking at putting tight bore barrel in my g&g cm16 but what I am thinking do I need to change the hop up rubber or can I just use the g&g green stock rubber.

Thanks sean

You dont need to but you may aswell do it.
    Either a guarder clear or madbull blue
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: hopup rubber

Don't the CM16 come with a 6.04 TB anyway?

I had the GR16 as my first gun, did what everyone new thinks is the right first upgrade and got a madbull hop unit, bucking and TB and was frankly very disappointed and the lack of improvement over the stock 6.04. If the CM is the same as the GR I'd say look elsewhere if you are looking to improve your performance, simplest is perhaps better quality BBs.

If however you are set on upgrading your barrel and bucking, the advice I was given would be not to mix and match manufacturers, as some of the buckings can be a bit of a specific fit to the barrel. Cheapest combined barrel/bucking pair I found was Guarder and I was pretty pleased with the results.

Comment

No they dont
        Theyre meant to be 6.05 now, used to be 6.08
        The GRs are now 6.04 and used to be 05
        The TRs are now 6.03 and used to be 04.

Comment

Ahh, sounds like you have the inside scoop on it, cheers.

My experience with accuracy setup? after getting no-where asking people who had good setups, reading posts on this and other forums I ended up in frustration just mix and matching all the parts I had,which made 3 complete barrel/bucking/hop sets and just tried them out. Winner? A Madbull bucking, G&G unit and the stock barrel out of a Well L96. No science, just a lot of trial and error, but a very pleasing result. But seriously, I bet if I took it all apart and put it together again it'd be terrible again.

Comment

ironic youd say that as i put my old G&G barrel in a warrior L96... :L:L

Comment

With good results?

Comment

Yeah actually, the stock oone in a warrior is a huge bore. So stuck that in and it improved massively (was a toptech GEn1 though, so 6.04)

Comment

Madness. Perhaps some sort of introduction service for G&G and Well owners for straight swaps is in order?

I'm quite taken with this "wider-bore-is-more-accurate" line that goes about myself, but perhaps that Well barrel is a bit better at AEG levels of FPS. They do talk about there being a sweet-spot between FPS, Bore and Length, but like I said, I suspect I've just got lucky, because I couldn't tell you what is going right for me.

Comment

Hi am using 0.25g bio bulldogs I know bio bbs arnt the best but all I can use on the site I play at. And I dont really want to touch the inside just yet and more so with it being a spare as I run a ggbr primary.

Comment

The G&G green is a good rubber!
                      I use it in all my setups now.
                      Having using guarder clear/black, madbull red,blue, TM stock.

Comment

Urg, Bios. I have to use them at my local site too. Bad luck.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sean20012 Find out more about sean20012
                        Working...
                        X