What is this bit for in my HOP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this bit for in my HOP?

Can anyone tell me what the small piece is for, and where it goes back into the HOP unit, it just fell out as i was disassembling it, and don't know where it goes.

The small red piece in this pic:

Re: What is this bit for in my HOP?

It's the bucking. It applies pressure to the hop rubber. Look into your hop chamber, and somewhere there will be a small hole. This goes in there. Tell us what gun this is and we'll be able to tell you how it goes in.

Comment

Cheers mate, its a G&P M4
      Trader Feedback

Comment

Sorry about above post i'm round krazy_horse's house and asking the Q on his behalf.

Cheers,

Chris (Fallout)
        Trader Feedback

Comment

The it'll go in the rectangular hole in the hop chamber, lying down, so:
          ____
          0___0

Like that.

Comment

remove the lever in the top of the hop unit , the lever that moves up and down as you adjust.
            the lever at the end will have a semicircular cut out, this is where the bucking sits and is best held in place with silicone grease when assembling to stop it falling out
            m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Remove the pins and take out the leaver. The nub goes where I've put the arrow. A bit of grease will hold that in place. Not got any grease? A pin prick of Vaseline will do.

Put the arm back in. Look into the unit (down the barrel part) check the nub still there. Adjust the hopup so the nub goes back up out of the barrel. Now you can push the barrel and bucking back in.

Comment

I just hold the unit upside down and put it all back together that way. Seems to work for me
                TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
                Tokyo Marui P90
                HFC M9 Special Forces
                KSC Glock 18c

Comment

I put the barrel in first, then the spacer. That part is not the bucking. It's a spacer. Confusing terms causes all manner of confusion. So I want that point to be explicitly clear.
                  sigpic
                  Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                  I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

Mmm, sorry, I've always called it the bucking.

Comment

keeper ,the small piece of rubber tube that presses against the hop rubber is the bucking i think dpoe is on about the brass ring that fits between the hop and barrel. the dissasembled picture doesnt actually show the bucking.
                      it is better to fit the barrel and hop rubber before assembling the hop components
                      m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Nah, some people call the bucking the spacer. We are talking about the same bit.

Comment

ive heard it called a bucking or a nub but never a spacer.

Comment

I know, it is a odd name.

Comment

Just to clear up....

The large red piece in the top picture is the bucking. This sits in the outside of the barrel, it has a groove which slides into a slit in the barrels outside.

The small red piece is the nub. That sites in the hop ups leaver/arm, and pushes down onto the bucking, which pokes through the hole in barrel.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fallout Find out more about Fallout
                              Working...
                              X