Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

G&G CM16 Raider - Give it the silent treatment!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G CM16 Raider - Give it the silent treatment!?

Morning chaps!

How would I go about making my pretty stock G&G CM16 (M4) Raider S much more silent than it is.

I watch videos on the youtube of all these slick sounding AEG's that hardly make a sound when fired, where as mine well, mine is not that silent.

Its got the gen 2 motor in and a std gen 1 gearbox and its pretty peow peow. I want it more pff pff pff.

Any thoughts?

Would the cost of making it quieter out run the cost of a better internalled replacement?

Cheers all!

Re: G&G CM16 Raider - Give it the silent treatment!?

A pukka shim job, correct lubrication, correct AoE, sorted airseal and a sorbo pad can go a long ways.

Shims will cost you a few quid, sorbo about £12 off eGay and lithium and silicon grease is a couple of quid a tube which will last forever.

To sort your air seal you will need to ensure the optimum seal between the following:

Piston head -> Cylinder
    Cylinder -> Cylinder Head
    Cylinder Head -> Air Nozzle
    Air Nozzle -> Hop Rubber

It will take some fiddling but it's well worth doing.

Silent Piston Head/Cylinder Head sets are pretty much useless in my experience.

Comment

Sorbo is also worth it for reducing noise signature.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Contrary to what some people will say, a suppressor can in some circumstances make a difference. It needs to be a decent make though and not a hollow tube. Im still a little unsure of exactly what to recommend to you to make it happen, and it wont always help. I know for a fact it did on my H&K 416 build.

But as above, perfect shimming, well lubricated and a sorbo pad. Ignore the silent piston heads any cylinder heads, they wont have a noticeable impact. Stock motors tend to be quite noisy, so a higher quality one running on a powerful 7.4v LiPo will help. Motor wont be straining at all then.

Equally then, dont run hi caps. You could have the quietest gun in the world, but a half empty high cap when your running is louder than a Formula One race start whilst several jumbo jets fly overhead whilst a brass band plays whilst Rammstein play a live show in the pit lane.
        sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

G&g motors are... Poor. Get a quiet high torque - I'm not sure what constitutes a quiet one, if well shimmed an Shs high torque is definitely quiet

Sent from outer space

Comment

As above reaaly, shim lube and sorbo
            FOR SALE
            7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
            , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

i found that G&G motors are quiet. much moreso that the SHS i have. and the suppressor should be a mix of foam and baffles for the quietest possible output.
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Johnny - probably varies from gun to gun, the umg I worked on recently was far quieter after I installed an Shs high torque

Sent from outer space

Comment

true, but the UMG's are veeery quiet when setup right.
                  best AEG for quiet? G&G FN2000. fill the body up with foam and goddamn.
                  -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                  -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Cheers for the input guys, I'm going back to using my suppressor this weekend so we'll see how much of a quick win that is.

In terms of sorbo and what not there is a chap where I skirmish who has just announced that he's able to do this so I'll hook him up and let you chaps know the out come.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

willbaroo IT Technician from Wiltshire who like to run around shooting people on the weekends with a rifle, pistol and or a camera! Find out more about willbaroo
                    Working...
                    X