Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High ROF on an 8.4

Hi there guys,

At the moment I have a large 9.6 and a large 8.4, one to go in my M16 and one to go in my MP5.

Id rather the 8.4 went in the Mp5 because it fits easier, and im planning to get it upgraded soon anyway, so is there anything I can do/ask for with the upgrades to get an awesome ROF on an 8.4? (similar to that of a 9.6)

cheers
    Formerly 'Waltzinblack' but thought it was time to incorporate my Team callsign into my name

Re: High ROF on an 8.4

Low resistance wiring, higher speed motor eg systema or G&P M120, lower powered spring, take out the fuse, shim correctly, high speed gears.

A new motor is probably the easiest way of upping the rof without changing batteries.

What i would do is shim it correctly, put in a new motor and replace the wiring. Remove the fuse and replace with fresh wire ideally or just connect the two terminals directly together.

Comment

Using a Large 8.4V battery I can get 18-19 RPS out of my M4.
      All I have done is replaced my wiring with low resitance wires, and replaced the standard Tamiya connectors with Deans connectors.

Hope this helps,

Bert.

Comment

A Systema Turbo will get similar results with an 8.4v Large as an EG1000 on a 9.6v, that is in a Stock TM setup anyway.
        If you go down the low resistance route you will get it even faster, but make sure your battery pack can sustain the additional current draw of the Turbo. 25A+ should be sufficient.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

I won't opt for the systema turbo.
          Prome or KA silver coated wires
          7mm bearing minimum
          Gold plated Prome motor connector
          gold plated deans plug a decent mosfet
          G&P M120 hispeed motor

It is good to go 20-22ROF on 8.4 NiMh/NiCd or 7.4 lipoly.........still GB intenal friendly

Comment

I think in all, your best option price wise, is buy another 9.6v, rather than try and upgrade other parts to gain the ROF.

Comment

I run my standard TM P90 off an Eg1000 on an 8.4 mini battery and I'm easily getting 1100 - 1200 rounds per minute out of it. This is however at around 260 fps so the spring is relatively weak but TM having the hop ups they do I still get very good range :D

What make are your guns? As it will probably have an effect on how good the wiring is and how fast it is already firing.

Or yes, go and get yourself a large to small tamiya connector and buy a 9.6 mini battery.
              TK Airsoft- Take one "from" the team

Army Armament L85A1
              Tokyo Marui P90
              HFC M9 Special Forces
              KSC Glock 18c

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TS_Welshy Find out more about TS_Welshy
              Working...
              X