Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Systema revolution gearbox....what to do with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systema revolution gearbox....what to do with it?

right, i have recently managed to get my grubby mitts on a Systema revolution 110 gearbox and magnum motor for dirt cheap. i am now left with a couple of problems/questions.

firstly; the gearbox is a front wired M4 one, and i have a rear wired M16. does anyone have any experience in rewiring one of these gearboxes?

secondly; i know that the revolution's use a system the removes the use of the tappet plate in exchange for some other "in piston" thing. does this mean that it would be wise to get a hop unit from systema in order to make the most of it, or will the likes of the Madbull "Ultimate Hop-unit" work just as well?

thirdly; i'm running a 8.4v 4200mah battery, will this be enough to get a decent ROF (15-20 rounds per second) or do i need to splash out on a 9.6V battery?

and lastly; i've never had to fit a new motor into my gun before, are there any tips on how to make sure i don't get the alignment/meshing wrong?

I really want to make the most out of this gearbox so any other tips would be useful (like, are deans connectors really worth it?).

thanks in advance.

Re: Systema revolution gearbox....what to do with it?

If you want to get the most out of it and have that little experience then I would suggest giving it to someone who know's what they are doing....

It would be even better if you could watch. It's just that I wouldn't have thought that a revolution gearbox was the best thing to practice on :p
    Old Feedback: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?9500-TaylorB

Comment

i realise that i'm a bit out of my league here. Revo gearboxes are for pros and i had never though that i'd own one (i did dream of them though). but £100 for a brand new one plus motor...i just could not pass up, even if the wiring was the wrong way around.

Comment

use a stsema hop, they dont like the madbull ones, you'll have to mess about with hop rubber combonations tho.

i currently run a revo in a dboys body, systema hop, madbull red shark rubber and tight barrel, get 350fps from this

my second is a revo in a G&P magpul body with G&P hop unit and red shark rubber and KM tight barrel, plan to change this to a sytema hop unit too as it does 320fps

has taken me a while to get them set up rite, lots of trial and error

Comment

Originally posted by gus View Post
          use a stsema hop, they dont like the madbull ones, you'll have to mess about with hop rubber combonations tho.

i currently run a revo in a dboys body, systema hop, madbull red shark rubber and tight barrel, get 350fps from this

my second is a revo in a G&P magpul body with G&P hop unit and red shark rubber and KM tight barrel, plan to change this to a sytema hop unit too as it does 320fps

has taken me a while to get them set up rite, lots of trial and error
          damn, this is not going to be as easy as the "drop in" style installation i had hoped for. as it stands my revo will be going in a G&G GR16 body with stock hop unit (stock rubber) running a Prometheus 6.03mm barrel...although i guess i'll be buying a systema hop unit. sound good?

Comment

Ive been looking at getting one of these for a while but i just can't justify £400 for a gearbox. I am assuming it was private sale? If not could you PM me with where you got it from please? Ta. On the what to do with it front, think of your dream AR variant and build it up over time having every single part you want on it and make a truly custom gun! (thats what id do!!)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie013 View Post
              Ive been looking at getting one of these for a while but i just can't justify £400 for a gearbox. I am assuming it was private sale? If not could you PM me with where you got it from please? Ta. On the what to do with it front, think of your dream AR variant and build it up over time having every single part you want on it and make a truly custom gun! (thats what id do!!)
              right you are, problem is that i'm a student and on a tight budget so it's going to take a long time before it's perfect. the hop will be the first thing to upgrade.

Comment

Yeah i hear ya. but if i was you id build up one with cheapish/second hand externals then replace them with your ideals as and when funds are available.
                sigpic

Comment

The re-wireing of it shouldnt be hard but i would recomend you get a retailer to do it for you...
                  Secondly the setting up of the Revo can be a pain in the ass at times but when they work they are the nuts....

Comment

well, i've had a look around and i've realised that i have a few airsoft bits and bobs kicking around. mostly external parts (like a full madbull JP rifles barrels set) so i'll be posting them in the for sale section.

i'm guessing i'll be able to make £100-150 if i manage to sell everything. therefore £100-150 for internals. yay.

Comment

these are pretty simple to re-wire, if uve got common sense

all it is, is 2 wires coming off the ecu board "the board that sits directly under the cylinder" then out to the rear of the gun, teh tricky bit is finding the wire to do it with, if urs aint quite long enough.

id recomend trying to source some of the original silver coated low resitence wire
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Feto Find out more about Feto
                      Working...
                      X