Battery and wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery and wiring help

Sorry guys this is going to seem stupid but I want to get it right before I blow up a battery.

Have have a tamiya charger square end positive black wire with white strip, round negative. Black wire. Correct ??

2 x 1100 Ni Mh battery's square end negative black, round end positive red. Is this right or has someone swapped them round.

I need to convert charger large end to tamiya mini and have the correct blocks but the way I see it is positive goes to battery negative and vica versa.
    Maybe it's the heat but this seems wrong.

I don't have a muti meter so can't check if its right and have put on wepon but guessing battery's are dead as don't get anything.

Have used my deans battery with weapon and works fine.

An before I get comments about just converting to deans it's in the pipeline just wanna get these tamiya battery's working first.

Cheers for any help

Dan

Re: Battery and wiring help

Airsoft batteries are wired opposite to things like rc car batteries etc.

Can't visualise what you've written in my head but that's probably whats up.

EDIT: Can't remember if the charger should be reverse wired too.... will check when I get in.

Comment

Yeah it's abit hard to explain. Do I just need to swap the wires round (at the mini) so positive is charging positive

Comment

Every airsoft gun I've ever used has been wired up the sensible way. (Apart from one cackhanded set of batteries that were swapped because the pins in a SCAR-H were put back in the wrong way round. They melted various chargers before we picked this up, as the poorly soldered joints were hidden under electrical tape).

I have an RC charger, and a shop that does both RC and airsoft batteries has given me a Deans-MT adapter wire that agrees with airsoft batteries (and the very same RC batteries they supplied me).

It does seem to be a strongly persisting rumour though - half of google agree, half say that they use airsoft and RC batteries interchangeably.

Back on topic - positive on charger should be wired to positive on battery, so one of your sets of connectors is the wrong way round.
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

red is positive , going to a red lead .

black is negative and should go to a black lead

anyone who wires the red as negative and black as positive is a dumb a** , this is because red is universally the positive terminal. i have converted all mine to deans and im an electronic engineer (i know people will be like "oh he's an engineer so he knows everything..... " but in this case i actually do, this is basic to me but i do understand that anyone that has no-electronic experience will never know until told or researched.

the charger should always be wired as above too, you shouldn't need to reverse polarity. For tamia connectors , the red (positive) should be the square end , and the circle end should be the negative
          Gas Sig Saucerhttp://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...170-gas-pistol

Comment

All done and no explosions
            Was the battery wired backwards

Cheers guys

Comment

nice one :D do you mean it was the battery wired backwards?
              Gas Sig Saucerhttp://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...170-gas-pistol

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slicke36 Find out more about Slicke36
              Working...
              X