hot motor and wiring!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot motor and wiring!!!

ive got a g&p m733 and recently upped the battery capacity form a 9.6v 1400mah mini to a large 9.6v 3300mah.i can smell something when everything gets hot,like plastic getting hot,and the connector and wiring, at the front is almost too hot to touch,also the grip is hot too,which ,of course,is the motor getting too hot.so,shall i go back to the mini or stay large and get an 8.4v?i dont want to cook the bugger and apart from this the gun runs and fires great.cheers.
    old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Re: hot motor and wiring!!!

the mah shouldnt matter - its the voltage that counts which you havnt changed - maybe the small electrical plates are shorting and causing the wires to heat up putting strain on the motor, so thats heating up aswell

is the battery really hot aswell

if so i would suggest checking out the plates to see if they touch correctly should hopefully be an easy fix

Comment

also look for any nicks or cuts in the wiring , is it still fused or have your removed it ?
      Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

theres no fuse

and the battery doesnt get hot......just the wiring from the guns connector backwards towards the gearbox.
        old trader rating link

Comment

hmm could be the battery then - you could try an 8.4v or if worst comes to worst you may have to get re-wiring done as the damage may already be done

Comment

yep lucky its only a 15min job if there is damage , you should be very safe on a 9.6 so there might have been another fault some other place, does the motor get red hot ? if so get the base plate off and make sure the motor connectors are not bare and touching the base

Comment

i've just had a look and theres a screw missing on the baseplate,this,i guess,has altered the motor height,i also noticed the motor wasnt free to move up and down on its spring,seemed to be trapped by the wires,ill have a look tomorrow cos its getting a bit late to start shooting and shouting round the house!!lol!

it looks as if the motor was stuck in the in position,if that makes sense,i had to remove it with pliers,..also underneath the bottom plate was some selotape??????wtf!!

i took that off. ill re tap the screw hole too why i'm about it,its stripped

heres a question ....what keeps the motor connectors away from the bottom plate?...i wondered this because of the selotape i found.cheers for any help guys.
              old trader rating link

Comment

they should be coverd in rubber , ok now we might have found what was up with it :P its seated to high in the GB ,

make sure both wires run up the back of the grip and just use some electrical tape on your connectors if they are bare

can i ask was this 733 a custom built jobby ?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
                  they should be coverd in rubber , ok now we might have found what was up with it :P its seated to high in the GB ,

make sure both wires run up the back of the grip and just use some electrical tape on your connectors if they are bare

can i ask was this 733 a custom built jobby ?
                  im sure its a custom build,the body is g&p and the rest is a tm,classic army,systema mix,all good stuff.

ill tape up the connectors

tell me more about the motor being too high in the gb,when i put it all back together,i want to make sure this dont happen again.thanks.
                  old trader rating link

Comment

Originally posted by callofduty View Post
                    the mah shouldnt matter - its the voltage that counts which you havnt changed - maybe the small electrical plates are shorting and causing the wires to heat up putting strain on the motor, so thats heating up aswell

is the battery really hot aswell

if so i would suggest checking out the plates to see if they touch correctly should hopefully be an easy fix
                    Thats totally wrong. A large battery has bigger cells, that can supply more current than the small ones in mini batteries. This means you WILL get a higher ROF with the same voltage large.
                    Buy my stuff!

Comment

Indeed, as well as the fact that greater current in a wire will cause the wire to heat up at a greater rate.

You could put a fair few thousand volts through yourself, but without any current you'd survive.

Comment

i no i might be sounding dumb guys . but do you have a fuse on your wiring . ive had 2 tm m733's and the one without the fuse got red
                        hot after a short burst on fully auto of 2 seconds on a 8.4 2200 . . the one without the fuse was running amazingly smooth on a 9.6 2200 . .

Comment

A fuse won't affect performance apart from adding a bit of resistance. It's designed to blow if the evel of current going into the motor becomes to high. You'd rather replace a 30p fuse then a £50 motor.

Comment

ok guys...sorted!!

got the motor at the right height now and got it sliding in the grip properly,it was deffo too high in the grip,now all is well...no hot wires and no hot motor...to try it i put 2 hi caps through it one after the other and all i noticed was the motor slightly warm,,,the wiring was fine....there was a slight problem with the connector at the front.its a mini one and i have an adaptor so i can use the large battery...it was sparking inside:eek:..so ive soldered the wires direct to a large connector....amazing what you find when you start ferkin about with your guns ay?:D...happy days....for now!
                            old trader rating link

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bert uk name is tony Find out more about bert uk
                            Working...
                            X