Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Element tightbore barrels any good for the price ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Element tightbore barrels any good for the price ?

Hi.

I am thinking of getting an Element TBB 6.04mm.
    I know they are relatively cheap but wondered if people had tried them and what they had found.

I have had TBBs from Systema, Deepfire and another one from memory I think was a KN.

I want to build up a CQB M4 and was thinking of using Element parts
    ie 285mm TBB
    M4 hopup with a 45hop rubber
    all Element parts.

I know some people like the Madbull TBBs but A they are more and B I am not sure about their coating they seem to have.

Your own actual experience of them would be good please
    rather than what others have written on the net.

Your help in deciding would be appreciated thankyou Foxxy.

Re: Element tightbore barrels any good for the price ?

i tried one a few years ago and found almost no improvement over the standard barrel it replaced, for a good reasonably priced barrel i'd recommend the mad bull black python .many element parts are good ,for instance their motors ,piston heads and lubricants and some people love their pistons (not me).

Comment

Hi thanks.
      Hmm that what I seem to be picking up.
      Is the black python coated, as have read about it possibly chipping off ?

I am thinking of going with an element hop unit with possibly a Deepfire TBB and Deepfire rubber
      or the Madbull or Systema TBB.

Out of interest 285mm and 300mm TBB seems to both be listed as CQB ?
      Is there a particular size ?

Cheers for your time Foxxy.

Comment

i would not consider the element hop as an upgrade ,more of a replacement.i couldn't really tell what is considered a CQB length barrel but i'd be sure it's not too long ,cutting them to shorten them is tricky job unless you have the tools to de burr and re crown the barrel .never used a deepfire barrel but i assume they are good, i have used both systema and madbull ,to be honest i could not tell between them so would choose by cost.

Comment

yes madbull barrels are coated, which is what makes them perform so well. they do degrade faster, but we are talking a LOT of use. i dont go through a lot of ammo per game, but i play a lot so use lots of ammo. they are the best "cheap" barrels.
          -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
          -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Thx
            Basically I am trying to keep costs down and these are the choices.

Element 6.04 285mm £22 (looks possibly stainless steel)
            Madbull Black Python V2 6.03 285mm or 300mm both £30 (I believe alu with coating)
            Deepfire 6.02 300mm £32 Stainless steel

I can see the sense re the Madbulls its just as you can see the Elements are like 2/3 rds the price approx.
            and I have a Deepfire in my MP7 6.04mm I am fairly certain though just might be a 6.02mm one but don't think so.
            I have had no problems with it re blockages (don't use crappy BBs) shoots pretty accurately for such a relatively short barrel 182mm
            and upped my fps reasonably. So I am happy with the Deepfire I have.
            As long as the Element does a reasonable job I would be happy with that.
            If that helps you see where I am coming from.

Thanks again Foxxy.

Comment

Element is actually 280mm I just realised.

Comment

Thankyou for your advice.
                I have gone for the deepfire tbb but have thought re your comments
                about the element hopup and decided against it.
                Now it's between a systema and CA metal hop units
                or a g&g or an airsoft systems one both plastic
                I have a g&g m4 and this seems quite good
                the airsoft system one seems an interesting design
                where the hop is on a slider like a tm vsr. Thanks again foxxy.

Comment

The plastic element chamber is decent. The metal one is garbage however. I've had good results with both CA and Madbull. One word of advice though, if you were to get a Madbull one it might not be a direct fit. Usually the issue is with G&P receivers. But just mentioning it in-case you have issues.

Comment

Hi thankyou HuntR.
                    One of the things I have heard re the plastic Element hop up unit is it can be a bit of a tight fit
                    with some hop up rubber and barrel combinations.
                    As from what I gather Deepfire barrels being slightly bigger outer diameter wise
                    I could forsee possible problems with fitting and with what Dadio said about them being more
                    of a replacement rather than an upgrade I started thinking of others.

How did you find the fitting ? and what make of barrel and hop rubber did you use with the
                    Element hop unit please ?

Has anyone else come across the Airsoft systems hop unit (not the smart one with the empty mag
                    sensor) ?

Thanks again Foxxy.

Comment

Deep fire barrels I read somewhere were second only to Prometheus barrels. Hop up upgrade I'd go for a Pommy neo/king arms hop or a madbull.

Comment

Thanks Wolf.
                        As I said I have a Deepfire in my MP7 and am happy with how it performs.
                        So will see how this one goes in my cqb M4.

Thanks re the hop unit.
                        I have ordered one of the Airsoft systems ones which was ordered before I saw your post.
                        I had thought about the Pommy and Madbull hop units but wanting to keep costs down
                        went for the Airsoft systems one in the end.
                        We will see if that was a mistake : )

While I was ordering the hopunit I spotted they had a TBB barrel for a standard M4 by LCT ?
                        Never heard of them.
                        Looked at LCTs site and they seem to do a lot of AK gear.
                        Anyone come across LCT tbbs?

Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and advice.
                        Foxxy

Comment

Both a TK twist and Prometheus barrel fit fine with a Guarder clear hop rubber. All you have to do is lubricate the outside of the rubber slightly. That will stop the pinching

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Foxxy Deluded that I actually know what I am doing at airsoft, oh well at least I get some fresh air. Find out more about Foxxy
                          Working...
                          X