Deans connectors - which way round?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deans connectors - which way round?

The positive and negative terminals are pretty obvious (after all, they're marked), but is there a generally accepted rule as to which connector you fit to the battery and which to the gun?

I would have gone with the same as my old charger (male charger/female battery), but my new charger has female on the charger end. The plug is a tamiya, so I need to make a conversion cable anyway.
    sigpic

Re: Deans connectors - which way round?

Fit the male to the gun, female to battery. You don't wanna risk the pins being bridged by some random metal bit in your bag.
    Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
    you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
    eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

Stands to reason

I have 3 batteries on my desk here, all female connectors :D

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost MacRoth View Post
        Fit the male to the gun, female to battery. You don't wanna risk the pins being bridged by some random metal bit in your bag.
        Yeah done that before finishes flying a lipo powered jet took the battery out threw it in my tool box and bang not a pretty sight i can tell you, as to be marked positive and negative I didn't know that.

Comment

Good thinking guys, I was thinking in the same terms as with tamiyas, but as the contacts are covered with them, the shorting issue hadn't even occurred to me.
          sigpic

Comment

I just converted all my guns last week, thankfully the dude who reccomended deans also pointed out the bridging risk, or I may not have thought of it either I must admit.
            Life is a short warm moment, death is a long cold rest,
            you get your chance to try, in the twinkling of an eye,
            eighty years with luck or even less.

Comment

yeah i made that mistake put the males on all my batts and female on all my guns then had an epiphany on the short circuit front and had to change them all round, pain in the tits but worth it. So female=battery,male=gun/charger.
              sigpic

Comment

just keep an eye on the charger lead you dont want it touching any metal lol i know nearly happened to me

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Caveira Find out more about Caveira
                Working...
                X