Fitting issue with G&P Hop Up & Madbull Blue Bucking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting issue with G&P Hop Up & Madbull Blue Bucking

I have a G&P Magpul MOE M4 Carbine and decided to replace the standard G&P bucking with a Madbull Blue 60° one, however no matter how much I tried/lubed I couldn't get the bucking to go all of the way into the hop up chamber.

It seemed as if the bucking and barrel were too wide or too tight of a fit for the hop up itself, however the stock G&P one (Which appears to have thinner walls) fits fine.

I was considering fitting a Guarder 50° Clear Bucking as it's apparently softer at the same time as fitting a madbull 6.03 TBB, however I didn't want to run into the same situation and end up with another bucking I can't use.

Does anyone have any experience with G&P hop ups and madbull/guarder bucking?

Re: Fitting issue with G&P Hop Up & Madbull Blue Bucking

They are indeed a pain. I think it's because madbull's rubber is designed to work with their hop unit and their barrel. I've managed it before - i found I had to cut half a centimetre off the bucking so that it didnt protrude into the c-clip space.
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

blue rubbers are too long, trim off 5mm or so, apply a little lube to the outside, and be gentle
      For Sale!
      TM M870 with a load of stuff
      A&K massada sniper spec
      Chronograph
      leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

As with most hop rubbers, trim some off and it all fits fine every time:
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
          They are indeed a pain. I think it's because madbull's rubber is designed to work with their hop unit and their barrel. I've managed it before - i found I had to cut half a centimetre off the bucking so that it didnt protrude into the c-clip space.
          I have to do that when using a Madbull barrel and 3-in-1 hop. Yup, even the blue rubber supplied with the hop. They're just too long.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, feel a bit of an idiot with not thinking to trim a bit off.

I've installed a Guarder clear and all seems to be well

Slightly of topic question but I also installed a Madbull V2 6.03 Tightbore and when comparing it to the stock barrel (This is my RIF, only I have the carbine version which is 14.5 inches) the diameter looked almost identical. Have I just replaced the barrel with the same diameter or am I stupid in thinking my eyes can work out something typically achieved with a micrometer?

Comment

I forget if G&P use 6.08 or 6.05 either way its less than a tenth of a MM. (0.05 or 0.02) (so you arent going to see it at all.
              -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
              -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

AnkleSpankle Find out more about AnkleSpankle
              Working...
              X