Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G M14 Walnut Wood + King Arm RAS woes

Hi all,

I bought myself a lovely Walnut Wood G&G M14 recently but found it came with a nasty cheap plastic heat shield. I read that the King Arms RAS was compatible with the G&G M14 range and so found a one going one an airsoft forums for £50 all in and picked it up. To my disappointment, when trying to fit it, I've discovered its slightly too narrow for the wood.

My first question, has anyone seen a real wood G&G M14 with one of these on them, if so was it a plug n play style setup or did the guy have to mod the RAS/wood stock?

I really don't want to have to shave the walnut wood down, that would be a real shame, I also don't know how easy/hard/sensible/practical/possible it would be to widen the RAS to fit over the wood, it think it's out by a few mm either side.

I was contemplating leaving the nasty plastic heat shield on, putting a couple of layers of gaffer tape (black) on it, and then using an epoxy adhesive and fixing the RAS to the plastic heat shield. I figured, at least this way it would be reversible (with some solvent and removing the gaffer tape later).

I'm open to some less stupid/whacky ideas or solutions.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Fearz0r; 26 July, 2013, 11:40.

Personally, shave a tad.
    Epoxy is alright, but with the width of ris rails, any sideways knocks will break it off. Especially if its on top of gaffa tape.
    Epoxy straight to the plastic if you have to, its easily removed with a knife or similar.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Re: G&G M14 Walnut Wood + King Arm RAS woes

Shave the Walnut?! maaaan... it's soo nice.. Damn King Arms.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Fearz0r Find out more about Fearz0r
      Working...
      X