how do you stop the screeching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you stop the screeching?

although this could be a question on a mental health forum...it is actually an airsoft question. :D

i have a JG G3, which i'm very happy with, apart from the screechy noise it makes.

behind the screech (good name for a goth band :D) it makes a decent healthy thumping noise...so i figure, get rid of the electric whiny noise and we're all cool and the gang.

anyone know how to do this? someone told me it was because the motor and gears are not lined up properly and a better quality TM gear casing will sort it...sound about right?

any info'd be appreciated...danke.
    Old Feedback: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=38309

Re: how do you stop the screeching?

I found this on my SR25 and a pal at my local site told me to try adjusting the motor up and down to fine the smoothest fit? Or you could go for a zero one service and they will give you gun a good clean out and reset all the gubbins to work as they should.
    CA & JP Rifles SPR (Upgraded)
    CA M4A1 SPC

Comment

If it sounds painful, means you got issues. Probably will see the gears or piston break on you some time soon(ish).

Really you'd just want to open it up and check for damage.

Although first try adjusting the motor height a tiny bit each way. If one direction makes it sound better, adjust a minute bit at a time until it sounds good

Comment

shreching could be a few things as jag said

if sounds loud and grating , time for mech box visit ,

could be a broke tooth on a gear , stripped piston , blown bearing , pinion gear worn down , motor hight , etc etc

Comment

aah, motor height...i'll try this first (as its the only thing i know how to do)...thanks gents, be class if its a simple fix like this.

Comment

adjusted the motor height. the gun feels less 'loose' when firing now (i mean the lag between pulling the trigger and the gun firing).

the noise has reduced (only a little, but it's better than it was).

the strange thing is the ROF on full auto has increased slightly too.

Comment

then it sounds like a temp fix ,

the ROF will speed up as there is less of the pinion gear wedged into the gearbox so this will reduce the ammount of stress on the turning bevel gear ,

also if the noise is less then before , take it to a gun tech at your sight , or a compitent mate that knows and understands the gun model you have , and let him strip it and check for internal damages

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Blix I live in a crisp packet in michelle gayles garden. Find out more about Blix
              Working...
              X