Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5SD Barrel length

hello.

i've got an ICS Mp5 A4, i recently put a SD kit on it to replace the front grip. which I'm loving at the moment.

without the SD kit its just a standard Mp5 barrel (i haven't upgraded it to a tightbore yet, its on my to-do list depending on the outcome of this topic)
    however i've noticed that the mp5 SDkit's detachable silencer has an extra 4-5inches worth of space in which a longer barrel could be housed.

so my question is, is it worth getting a longer tightbore for the mp5 as the silencer can house an extra few inches of space? (the silencer is big enough to fit a barrel.) and if it is worth it, what length tightbore am i looking at buying for it? (i'm a numpty when it comes to upgrading)

may seem like a silly question but the longer barrel the more accuracy right? atleast thats my understanding. thanks in advance all.

Re: MP5SD Barrel length

The SD has exactly the same length barrel in as a standard one.

Is it worth putting in a longer barrel? Depends on what you want to achieve. A longer barrel makes virtually no difference to range or groupings as airsoft ballistics do not work the same way as real steel ballistics.

But, with the gap between the end of the inner barrel and the end of the silencer, you will find that if you shoot while turning, you can hit the end of the silencer. Basically, the BB is travelling in a straight line, but the barrel is moving so sometimes there's a hit on the silencer. The good thing is that the ICS silencer has steel mesh inside, so the BB won't rip the foam out, but it can still affect the accuracy of a couple of BBs per burst and a longer inner barrel would prevent this.
    sigpic

Comment

However if you do put in the longer barrel you will remove any effect that the silencer might have had...

Completely down to you mate, I'd go for the smaller barrel as I like to be a sneaky git! :D

Stargazer

Comment

The silencer doesn't make very much difference at all to the noisiness of the gun, but it does make it sound a little less of a crack and more of a thud.
        sigpic

Comment

is there a specific barrel length i could get to go into the silencer maybe a CM less than the end of it? i'de rather have a longer barrel save knocking the silencer internally but i'm still unclear of the length.

obviously i don't want a barrel poking out the end of the silencer. lol

Comment

I've just measured mine and there's room for about another 8-9cm, while still leaving a little space at the end.

I think the standard inner barrel is 229mm.
            sigpic

Comment

well measure the added length the silencer gives then add that to the inner barrel length, take off a couple of centimetres, maybe 10-20mm then bingo you have the length barrel you want!

Edit: Robin beat me to it!! with some figures as I dont actually own an MP5 SD lol, something like a 300-310mm barrel would suffice

Stargazer

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
              X