G&G T4-18 with Pmags- Modification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G T4-18 with Pmags- Modification?

After buying a G&G T4-18 (416) from on here which I will receive this week I have now found out you can't run Pmag's without some modifying. It is important for me to be able to run these Pmag's in the T4-18 as I have recently bought another 5 (bringing my total to 9) for use in my G&G Combat Machine CM16 Raider which I currently own. I like the look, performance and build quality of the Pmag's so will not buy more alternative mags. Does anyone know which modification would be best, modify the mags or the gun's magwell and does anyone know of a guide or can you offer any instructions/advice of how to perform the mod?

Re: G&G T4-18 with Pmags- Modification?

Quite a few threads on this.
    Some guys mod the magwell.
    I've modded all my magazines.
    Push the magazine into the magwell and see the "ribbed" part of the magazine foul the magwell.
    Then take a file to it, shaving a few mm at a time.

Comment

Thanks. Yeah found a couple which confirm you need to perform a mod of the magwell or the mags but wandered if there was a guide or a How To advising how to do this.

Comment

I'd say mod the gun, should you want to sell the pmags it will be easier to sell them unmodded, and probably easier to sell the gun if it's been modded for pmags (provided you do it well).

I've not come across a guide, but trial and error is never a bad thing.
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I see what you mean. So modding the magwell, any idea how far up in to the magwell it would need to be sanded down?

Comment

Any thoughts on the above? Also, once the magwell has been modded for Pmag's, can normal M4 mags still be used?

Comment

Normal M4 mags can already be used, infact they're the only mags you can use in this gun without modification.
              sigpic

Comment

I'd assume you would still be able to use standard mags, they just might be a tad looser.
                Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Thanks perry.L but what I mean is unmodified, yes the gun can take normal mags but once the magwell has been modded it will take Pmags. Then, if for some reason I (or someone else if it was sold on) wanted to use normal mags, can this still be done after the magwell had been modded or is it a case of once modded only Pmags will work in it?

Comment

Id imagine all mags would work...
                    FOR SALE
                    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Once modded, standard mags would likely have feeding issues

Comment

The only reason that the Pmags dont fit at first is because the little ledge that sticks out of the Pmag gets caught on the bottom of the magwell and prevents it going in another centimetre. The only thing that gets done during "modification" is a little sawing down of the inside bottom part of the magwell by a centimetre, so it doesn't affect the normal m4 mags at all they still work as they would before the modification.
                        sigpic

Comment

The mod is. Filing down the front inside edge of the magwell . File / dremel will do the job. Offer a mag up to the gun and it will be obvious .
                          Normal mag operation is not affected in any way . No feeding issues wobbling mags etc afterwards . The mod allows p&e mags to fit

Comment

Cheers for the advice. So when dremmeling the magwell how high and wide does it need to be. The cm mentioned previously, is that the width? Sorry for sounding like a douche but I won't be in possession of the gun until the weekend so just trying to get some prior knowledge.

Comment

It's the whole front inside (bottom) of the magwell and just keep going little by little until you get a good fit for the mag.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Babyalien Easy going fella, always up for a laugh. Crude sense of humour. Find out more about Babyalien
                              Working...
                              X