Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Its been a LONG time since I upgraded an AEG... what is good these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its been a LONG time since I upgraded an AEG... what is good these days?

OK SO its been a good 6-7 years since I have worked on an AEG so I assume things have moved on a long way!

The base is a CA SAR offizier, it comes with the gearbox in parts (otherwise I would have just used it until it broke) so I might as well chuck some decent bits in there while I rebuild it.
    I'll also probably change out the barrel & hop rubber, previously I always had good experiences with madbull black barrels and firefly rubbers, are these still any good?

What have YOU had good experiences with?

Who is the daddy of MOSFETs these days? which wiring and lipo to complement this?

I was tempted to get a polarstar, but the intention for this rifle is as a winter / faf-free backup to my GBBRs so I want it simple and reliable.
    Last edited by serioussniper; 20 August, 2013, 08:13.
    Rules
    I will ignore txt spk & people do not provide their real names. If I buy something from you, keep the money until I have checked its condition.
    For Sale:
    A load of stuff: http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/search.php?searchid=1309747

Re: Its been a LONG time since I upgraded an AEG... what is good these days?

To be honest, not a huge amount has moved on,
    Neodymium Magnet equipped motors have become pretty much mainstream, as have MOSFETs and LiPo Packs. In other words, most of the underground work that was there many years ago has just moved fowards to common place.

FET's, if your looking for the basic switch then anything IRL3034 based would be more than sufficient for any recent motors demands.
    As for Fancy FET's, PsypherVII the maker of the Original MOSFETs Created AWS airsoft which had fancy controls such as burst fire, Full cycle completion and Lipo monitoring. AWS is now defunct, however Frank is now Blacktalon Concepts, which is a Joint effort from him and Terry (Extremefire). And they have come up with some fantastic work.

Extremefire is also still top of the line and the support received is unmatched as usual.

ASCU is a similar concept to some of the older AWS work, but flexibility doesn't span to the extent of BTC products.

Hop has moved on a little way. As for stock type hop, Marui's are still fantastic IMO, as are Systema, Guarder clear. KM RH *5 hops are similar to Frefly and do work very well in my experience. Innovation though has seen the almost non existent Japanese g-hop (flat hop) idea pick up with a few refinements by Hunterseeker and he now has a similar product that goes by the name of r-hop.

Barrels wise, I cannot speak for Madbulls Black pythons through experience though they are TN plated Aluminium Barrels though so you would have to take extra care on installation and have it well supported.
    Prometheus and PDI are IMO the top of the line barrels. Both Steel, PDI has the finest tolerances, but a deeper hop window puts some off.
    Prometheus Budget line is new, Known as returner. Those barrels are Aluminum + TN much like the Madbull Black python series.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

serioussniper Find out more about serioussniper
    Working...
    X