Stripped teeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripped teeth

My PSG-1 has been knackered for quite a while now and I've finally come around to repairing it. The problem is the piston teeth have been shredded off and also the bottom cog in the gearbox where the motor connects.

Can anyone tell me why this is?

Re: Stripped teeth

Either very bad shimming, preengagement or a lot of resistance coming from somewhere in your gearbox.

When you shim the thing, be sure to check the movement of the gears with the gearbox screwed together. You're aiming for the faces of the gears to be very slightly apart, and the gears not to wobble sideways in their mounts.

As to preengagement, that is a side effect of the longer piston. You could try the AOE mod. Just make sure not to replace it with a metal-toothed piston.

Comment

Re: Stripped teeth

Wear. Nothing last for ever and things do wear out.

Depending on what components were fitted and what power spring you were running that will also affect the life of the parts too. Another factor is the Nature of the PSG-1 - being semi auto it puts maximum strain on all the internals being semi auto and firing from "cocked" too.

I'd say the piston failed due to wear from usage and that the bevel gear failed from incorrect motor height adjustment.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kodiak TM gun nut Find out more about Kodiak
      Working...
      X