deans connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deans connectors

just seeing if there as good as the big hipe over them suggests???

matt

Re: deans connectors

Just how much difference they make to ROF is debatable, but they have more surface area on the connections and they are much harder to pull apart. Both these things should improve the efficiency of the circuit.
    sigpic

Comment

so not realy worth the effort then??

matt

Comment

They are better at transferring the current, so if you can solder why not

Especially in high voltage packs when you can feel the Tamiya's get hot, I'd considering it. (if I had a soldering iron!)

Comment

IF your not upgrading the gun to begin with just leave it alone. if you are changing lots of other stuff AND have the knowledge to solder then yeah go ahead, otherwise theres no point. IF you do it, best to do it to all your batteries and guns so you dont have a bunch of batterys that dont fit some of your guns.

Comment

you have to understand that with tamiyas theres no "garrenty" your getting a good connection, ive had many ages in for repair and all that was wrong was the tamiya connector needed replacing through use. As they get bent or wider.

Somebody some where came up with the idea for the tamiya just becasue it clicks.

the deans although its hassle setting up will be a better connection if only for your peice of mind that its solid.

Comment

yes they are worth it. A certain company selling batteries and stuff sell batteries already fitted with deans and a lot of stores both retail and online will fir them to your guns. I have fitted all of mine with deans and i have eliminated any bad connection problems i had in one fell swoop.

One slight advantage not answered before on many threads concerning the deans connector, is that they take up less suface area than tamiya Large or small. So if space for you battery is at a premium this is a hidden benefit.
              Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

also there are micro deans which are super small
                back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

True, but not suitable for the larger cap batteries, but certainly a big plus for smaller ones.
                  Feedback link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33181

Comment

It's part of the upgrade process. They're better connecters and cost next to nothing, so why not just fit them anyway? They're all I use now.

Comment

Deffo worth the effort, you should notice a difference straight away on a decent gun.
                      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

worth the effort mate, hell of alot .

fair one not a noticable increase in ROF , but if your running 9.6 2200 + and any sort of lipo battery, then the plugs are worth it , and 10 pairs for less then 3.99 off of a certain auction site , very cheap ..

all my guns are now using deans and never had a problem , im pants at soldering so just took the wires i needed them on to my local rc shop and he does them for free.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

matt england Find out more about matt england
                        Working...
                        X