Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army R85 Semi- Auto Lock

Evening guys,

At a game this weekend I had some serious issues with Semi-Auto locking on the R85. It has been apparent for a while but it seriously hampered my play on Saturday so I am looking at ways to get it fixed.

Spec:

7.4V Lipo - Used the same battery all day - LiPo alarm still had green lights indicating over 3.3V per cell so I can't put it down to low battery.
    Madbull Hop + Barrel (6.03mm) - Don't think this would have any effect on it.
    The Gearbox is completely standard - The Piston is the standard Army one, and I have never touched the lower Gearbox so the Motor is still completely standard.

The blowback function was disabled many moons ago. She has only been skirmished twice:

The first game she chronoed in at 330ish FPS earlier in the year.
    Saturday she chronoed at a mere 240FPS despite not being touched since the previous Skirmish.

I am hoping this is just an airseal problem as it hasn't been greased in a while and should hopefully fix the FPS problem when I get to have a look at her on Friday.

I suppose the imperfect airseal may have caused more locking?

I have no idea, and frankly I am not a techy guru, hence why I am here.

So, happy to upgrade it if that may sort it:

Motor? - High torque SHS motor maybe?
    Battery? - 11.1V Lipo may improve matters?

Any other suggestions?

I should also note that flicking it to Auto, firing and returning to Semi did fix it for 2-3 rounds before locking again.

Cheers,
    Liam

Re: Army R85 Semi- Auto Lock

the motor and lipo , will not help with your listed issues, and fitting the motor may mask what the cause is

the way i read it there are 2 issues
    1 ) your on the right track witht he airseal. if your 100% certain there not been a strip down done between the high and low fps reading, then check the piston rubber, hop up rubber ect, all the normal airseal stuff, i hate to say it but it could be some thing more drastic wrong, check for cracks and damage to the hop or gearbox shell. sounds like your going to need a full strip down.

2)semi auto locking would lead me down spring or piston issues, again you need to investigate with a full strip down.

good luck and it would be intresting to know what you fine.
    The Airsoft Knowledge Base Project is where we will be building up information, guides, fixes and other Airsoft knowledge.

Comment

Re: Army R85 Semi- Auto Lock

I will give it a full strip down at the weekend and inspect every single little part. Unfortunately I don't have her with me now or I would!

I may well replace the motor anyway, as the ROF isn't particularly impressive anyway.

I'll keep this thread updated as more questions pop into my head. My mind is telling me to enquire about MOSFET's, but in all honesty I have no experience of them so I fear it a little!

Cheers,
      Liam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Liam1992 Find out more about Liam1992
      Working...
      X