Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Improving trigger response, Best motor advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving trigger response, Best motor advice?

Hello,

I'm trying to find the best way to improve trigger, So far I've come up with using a High Speed gear set, LiPo, Mosfet and a High Torque Motor. My only major problem is trying to figure out what would be the best motor as there seems to be a huge range and people seems to have conflicting arguments for all of them.

The ones i'm look are:

G&G M180
    Ultimate Infinity U-30000 Motor

but I really have had no experience with motors so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Improving trigger response, Best motor advice?

I use shs 13:1 gears one tooth short stroked, lightweight shs piston with an element high torque and get almost instant response and 27rps on a large 9.6v battery I have no doubt that with a lipo I would getting close to ptw response. The element motor easily competes with higher end makes at about a third the cost, the only issue is that the pinion is cheap rubbish, mine lasted a few thousand rounds before i had to replace it with an shs steel pinion.

Comment

I hear someone mention the element pinion was as soft a cheese

Comment

Lonex Titan high torque is one of the best motors I have used .serously powerfull , efficient and reliable

Comment

Lonex Titan A2 high torque. Probably the best motor on the market right now
          sigpic

Currently rocking: Tokyo Marui 416D Recoil Shock and a Tokyo Marui HK45 w/SureFire X300

Comment

Looks like a Lonex A2 Titan it is then

Comment

im using a G&P M160 SHS 13:1 gears and a Turnigy Lipo that's meant for use in helicopters and puts out 7.4v at between 40-100C. I have damn good wiring and the trigger response is amazing.
              I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

I've just bought a Turnigy 11.1 Lipo, not arrived yet, but i'm hoping that will help as well.

Comment

I have the U-30000 and it's powerful, quick and quiet... Good buy!

This AK has a U-30000 fitted
                  Originally posted by Walter Gropius
                  If your contribution has been vital there will always be somebody to pick up where you left off, and that will be your claim to immortality.

Comment

Low ratio gears + Neodymium magnet motors are the sharpest basics, but bare in mind that heat still plays havok with semi auto and active brakers are a large apart of the problem. The faster you try to go, the harder it will have to brake, the more heat. That heat needs to get out or it will melt the coils and could weaken the magnets. Tienly's GT series (and now the "s" series G&P M170/M180) armature is stacked to draw air in and then out through holes in the can. Semi auto requires the most braking thus generates the most heat which must be considered when sustaining fire or lots of repeated semi auto fire in short periods.
                    Control units with pre-cocking also work well, alternatively you could play about with cut off cam positions as a mechanical alternative. Works nicely in the PSG-1
                    dsgdreamteam

Comment

i like the shs high torque haha but im biased :P

Comment

I myself have a standard g&p 8mm gearbox, only things ive changed is the trigger assembly for an ascu gen 3+ and a lonex A2 Titan, my trigger response is amazing on a 7.4 lipo, and i am still yet to put in aftermarket gears or use a 11.1 lipo

Comment

shs 16:1 gears and a g&p m180 satan motor on a 25c 7.4 lipo gave me 31 rps and epic trigger response. M120 shorth stroked by 3 teeth @ 345 fps.
                          G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74
                          -----Broken/project guns wanted-----

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Cyrexx Find out more about Cyrexx
                          Working...
                          X