Ares TAVOR TAR-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ares TAVOR TAR-21

OK I own a Ares TAVOR TAR-21, just got it but stupidly snapped the little slides that hold the wire onto the motor. So going to buy a new motor for it. So 2 questions.

1. Do you have to dismantle the gearbox to remove the motor?

2. What new motor do people recommend?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Ares TAVOR TAR-21

Solder the wires on .

Comment

Tried that getting nothing from it.

Comment

Not sure about the dismantle but I will always recommend Rhino motors!!
        sigpic

Comment

Yes you have to seperate the two half's of the gearbox to remove/fit a motor

Comment

Cheers I already had the gun apart any ways as the controls were on it for a lefty. I have managed to swap all these over for right handed. Opened the gearbox and got the motor out the only thing that is being a pain is part of the trigger switch which has a small spring which keep pulling it out of position. Think I will buy the new motor then let a tech just pop the gearbox back together. At least I noticed where shims came from and placed them back in the right place.

Comment

A tech somewhere will be having a mental breakdown somewhere near you soon !

Comment

Story is: broke the gun down to swap the controls over from a lefty position to a right handed position, on closing the butt up I broke off the slides to the motor. I have replaced the motor with a new one after obviously having to open the gearbox up because the motor sits in a cage which is part of the gearbox itself. Done this and put what I though was it all back together and still nothing but now the battery and what I think is a mosfet is getting hot and still nothing happens when you pull the trigger. I replaced the motor with a new G&P motor the one you can screw the wires to the poles and I have checked that the wires were Red on the + pole and the black wire on the - pole. I did get a little smoke off 1 wire I found had a little split in the sheath, I quickly removed the battery and taped that part up. Could that have damaged the mosfet preventing it working?

Comment

It's fiddly, but not too bad, its mostly the lack of ease in access to the screws on the trigger and selector transfer rod connectors.
                  The motor bracket is apart of the main shell, so yes the box has to be opened to release the motor. The same also goes for the chamber as there is a lip that locks in the front, so the chamber and barrel assembly cannot be freed without opening the shell either.

The motor is short type by the way.

If you are taking it on yourself i have plenty of pictures and could step by step if needed.
                  Last edited by sj_asc; 22 September, 2013, 22:25. Reason: Missed the above post!
                  dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GhostWolf Find out more about GhostWolf
                  Working...
                  X