Upgrading my Gearbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading my Gearbox

So i recently skirmished with my aeg and found it to be shooting 200fps, was told the air seal was causing the problem and i should get a new piston.
    So my question is this:
    ive got a standard g&p 8mm v2 Gearbox and i want to upgrade everything in for a system in which the cycle rate is high so i can spam semi auto as fast as i want, get it shooting around 320fps.
    Got afew hundred to spend, so what are your recommendations?

Current upgrades:
    Lonex A2 motor
    ASCU Gen3+
    Madbull m100 spring
    Last edited by sj_asc; 16 September, 2013, 11:34. Reason: Moved to Tech - Electric Guns

Re: Upgrading my Gearbox

you have £300 to put in the gearbox or total?

13:1 gears and a high torque motor coupled with 11.1v lipo (or even 14.8 if the ascu will handle it) would give great trigger response

Comment

ASCU
      M100 spring
      SHS high torque motor
      13:1 gears
      A couple of polymer tooth pistons
      PTFE tape for seals
      Teflon grease
      A professional's time

Should be plenty.
      Originally posted by Lt. Macka
      big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Would i benefit from a piston upgrade or new air nosle? Really need to prove the fps since its only hitring 180-200 atm

Comment

You need to spend £800 on upgrades then you will be able to hit 120m headshots consistantly....
          sigpic

Comment

It would be a good idea to check the piston head seal, the cylinder head seal, the seal between the nozzle and the cylinder head, and the seal between the nozzle and the hop rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by colinjallen View Post
              It would be a good idea to check the piston head seal, the cylinder head seal, the seal between the nozzle and the cylinder head, and the seal between the nozzle and the hop rubber.
              there is an air seal issue somewhere but im not prepared to open my gb up myself, i deffinatley need new hopup, was looking at getting a whole new piston, air nosle primerily i want to improve my range and accuracy as its appaling atm

Comment

Get it to a good tech, explain the fps problem to him, tell him what you want the gun to achieve and your price limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt3033 View Post
                  You need to spend £800 on upgrades then you will be able to hit 120m headshots consistantly....
                  say i was willing to spend 800 hypothetically (at the moment), what would you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_almighty View Post
                    say i was willing to spend 800 hypothetically (at the moment), what would you recommend?
                    Well, there is this chap who can tell you how to spend £800 to upgrade an AEG so that you can shoot the left front leg off a fly at 120m.

Comment

Please do not spent £800 upgrading an AEG gearbox.
                      - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

Originally posted by Ben_almighty View Post
                        Never, EVER take the "£800 upgraded hitting 120m!" thing seriously, it's a running joke and not good advice to follow :P

Get it to a gun tech at a reputable dealer or your local site and explain the issue to them, they might be able to fix the airseal issue at little cost and from there you may not have to do much at all to improve range and accuracy. Rate of fire on the otherhand will likely cost a few quid, but best to fix (or at least accurately identify) the current problem before adding more variables.
                        AGM Scar L (Black) - KWA Glock 17 - CA B&T MP5A4

Comment

The fact that somebody has suggested that you need a a new piston/that was the cause of the fps issue is mad.
                          Ideally the box needs to come apart so that you can comb through and rule out any potential internal seal issues, that way when the box is back together you only have to deal with the seal issues between the nozzle to hop, and the hop to barrel seal.
                          There are any other fiddly issues that can cause this, but it's important to rule out the basics first.
                          dsgdreamteam

Comment

Save yourself alot of money and do what i did, buy a cheap v2 or v3 box and play around with it and see how everything works and how it can be made better, in the end you wont need to pay to have em fixed u can do it urself
                            Tokyo marui recoil sopmod, g&p stubby, tm vsr gspec

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ben_almighty Find out more about Ben_almighty
                            Working...
                            X