Dead lipo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead lipo

Hi all was using my aeg today cm16 re wired to 16awg and upgraded high tauqe motor re shimed and aoe corected so I had a bit of a problem, well a few problems now I changed battery mid day (7.4v lipo) and it started firing 3rds on semi and just refusing to stop firing on full auto till I switched it to safe. So next thing gun just stops walking all together and the lipo is now a dead. I have stripped it down cleaned it and tryed a new battery and not getting any issues.

So any one got any ideas what the problem is or could it of just bin a bad battery.

Thanks sean

Re: Dead lipo

Battery not charged? Then you have run it to low... Thetefore killed it?
    FOR SALE
    7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
    , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Battery was fully charge night before and balanced as well. It was a fresh battery bin in the gun less than 10mims

Comment

Unless there is something terribly wrong with your battery I'd be stunned if it was flat from that (unless really small mAh or you had it running full auto for that whole 10 minutes).

More likely its some break in the wiring. First test is does it work with any other battery?

I did once have one I nearly binned before realising that it might be the connector on the battery. Swapped that over and its right as rain ever since.

Comment

well battery is now balloon shaped swelled up that much I had to force it out the stock, so think that one is defiantly dead. I striped it down to the gear box and the body and tried a new battery and I didn't seem to have any issues but I didn't test it long only run it like 3 quick burst on auto make and 8 on semi and didn't seem to have any problems as far as I could see there wasn't any brakes in the cable.

Comment

For a battery to swell up like that it has been overloaded , badly balanced or over discharged / badly charged . What did it show per cell before use ? What size 7.4 battery ( mah and c rating ) ? Would test the motor/ wiring ampage drain and look at arced connector / arced trigger contacts etc .

Comment

the battery is 7.4 1000mah 20c continuous 40c burst only size battery's that would go in a peq box till I had it rear wired, I use a team orion advantage charger so just get two green lights when its charged and balanced so that's all I could tell you.

thinking about it if the bullet connecters were to come slightly apart and connect with the buffer tube would that course the problem I had
              Last edited by sean20012; 16 September, 2013, 11:28. Reason: added info

Comment

Yes . It would be a short if the buffer tube is conductive material . Unfortunatly with the type of charger you have you wouldn't be able to tell if you had a cell / balancing fault . This is where the display chargers can let you know of any cell problems / balancing issues or overcharging faults with the charger .
                In your case all you can do is check wiring , contacts , motor brushes ,insulation etc . If another battery cooks after all that has been investigated I would check / replace your charger.
                Last edited by Stealthkiller; 16 September, 2013, 12:58.

Comment

Sounds like a wiring fault/short circuit to me - you could have gouged the insulation on the wire when you re-inserted the motor (this is why I don't like thick silicone wires in guns - removing the silicone, squashing the wire flat and re-sealing with heatshrink works better every time)
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

i'd say the switch welded itself on ,happened to a p90 on me once ,had to disconnect the battery to stop it ,then it free'd up again but you could see the contacts were melted .if the gun went uncontrolled full auto on you how long was it going before you switched it off? could have fry'd the battery if it was a long burst say 20+ seconds

- - - Updated - - -

on the bright side you have a dead lipo you can do some destructive testing on

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sean20012 Find out more about sean20012
                    Working...
                    X