Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tightbore barrel problems....

Hi,

I wanted to fit a tightbore barrel to my ICS M4 today , so I popped into zeroone and bought one of their new Guarder tightbores and a new TM hop rubber and bucking.
    Went home , fitted the parts to my hop unit and then went to install the barrel into the gun , and thats where the problem occured . The new tightbore won't fit inside the outer barrel , it's slightly too large in diameter.
    The tolerences are so tight that theres no way it will go.
    So I'm stuck with a brand new tightbore and can't fit it.
    Has anyone else suffered this problem ? are the Guarder barrels just slightly bigger than other tightbores or are the tolerences on the ICS M4's just very very tight ?
    Any help and guidance much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Andy
    Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptang Zoo Boing Zow Zing

Re: Tightbore barrel problems....

ICS guns are known to be randomly picky with aftermarket parts. I'm afraid you may have just stumbled upon an incompatibility issue.

Comment

Cheers TKOS ,
      I'm coming to terms with the random weirdness associated with the ICS guns
      Shame as the tightbore is really nice , ho hum back to the drawing board........

Comment

I've installed a Madbull Black Python in mine, along with a Guarder Clear hop rubber. Both fit fine in the hop unit. Might be worth considering for future replacement.
        Ultimately though, unless you need to do major cosmetic changes your best bet is to install the new hop rubber for now. You'll see a major improvement even without the tighter barrel.

Comment

Hey Andy,

I wonder how you managed to fit the barrel on your hop unit but not thru the outer barrel. There are locking pins on the outer barrel, have you checked they are not pushed all the way down?
          Anyway if it helps I also got a tightbore from Z1, a KM TN 6.04, and had no problems fitting it. Bring it back to Z1 together with your M4, they might let you swap it for a KM one.

I'll be doing the crane stock mod soon, if I get stuck I might come knocking on your door. lol!

MY FEEDBACK: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...=pyro+feedback

Comment

Originally posted by bobtuskins View Post
            I've installed a Madbull Black Python in mine, along with a Guarder Clear hop rubber. Both fit fine in the hop unit. Might be worth considering for future replacement.
            Ultimately though, unless you need to do major cosmetic changes your best bet is to install the new hop rubber for now. You'll see a major improvement even without the tighter barrel.
            Cheers,
            I've put the new hop rubber and nub in for the time being , still shoots fine and is quite accurate in the range I have in the back garden , approx 100 ft..
            Will be giving it a try at a skirmish on saturday , so time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyro View Post
              Hey Andy,

I'll be doing the crane stock mod soon, if I get stuck I might come knocking on your door. lol!
              No probs , give me a shout if you need a hand

Comment

After a trip to Zeroone today I have solved the problem
                There seems to be a very small flared edge around the end of the barrel , a quick burst with a sanding drum on the dremmel and a light sanding with some wet and dry has sorted the problem and the barrel now fits.
                Big massive thanks to the guys at Zeroone for all their advice and help , plus they chronoed both my guns for me while I was there..... cheers guys !

Comment

I had this happen with a TB barrel I got off Z1 too, apparently its common from the new guarder TB's. Wish i'd noticed the thread when you started it, I could have told you straight away.

Sorry!

CK

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Dorsettrooper Find out more about Dorsettrooper
                  Working...
                  X