G&G GR15 raider not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&G GR15 raider not firing

Sorry yet another thread... here it goes...

I took apart my gun today to replace the rubber sleeve in the hop unit. I've done this once before and assembled the gun again worked no problems however this time when I put everything back together... I hooked up my battery and well the gun fired (dry firing) for a few seconds but now it doesn't. It just sounds like something in the gearbox is trying to move or something but it just can't. (Don't get that "Click" when the gun normally fires...)

I must also add that when I connect the battery the connector begins to get VERY hot quite quickly. This happens with the motor too. I unplugged everything for now.

I've tried:
    1) adjusting motor height
    2) checking battery is charged and such

I've also never opened my gearbox as I wouldn't know what I'm doing. So that eliminates a problem there I guess. I've only taken apart the upper and lower reciever and front piece etc.

Please help me try and fix this I love the gun it is my first rifle Or I could get I repaired @ Z1 but how expensive is it?

Re: G&G GR15 raider not firing

Is it front of rear wired ?

Have you maybe pinched a wire when putting it back together ?

It's just a guess on my part as I'm no gun tech but this happened to a friend of mines gun.

Graham
    First and Only R.A.F Upper Heyford Site Operations Manager

Comment

Rear wired into the stock

Comment

I'm presuming the fuse is still ok, I had a couple of problems with a cm16 regarding motor height adjustment, I found that if it was slighty tight the gear box would seize up and quite often the fuse would blow.

Comment

Would that cause battery wires to get really hot?

I've tried adjusting the motor height. At one point I got it firing a few times normally but then it stopped and just does as mentioned above.

Comment

Yeah the wires would be hot so would the fuse holder, so your bat is fully charged and your fuse is ok? I would disconnect the motor and take it out from pistol grip then reconnect it. Connect up the battery and pull the trigger.

Hold the motor cause it will move or jump about if it works. We then know that these 4 things are still working eg wiring,fuse,battery and motor. There are some good vids on youtube for g&g stripdowns. Pm if you want ok.

Comment

Sorry MOAB just realised, no fuse in that gun by the looks of it. Probably better to get a tech to look at it better in the long run.

Comment

The reason the wires, battery and motor get hot is due to the wire and some point being in contact with the body of the gun (im guessing its metal). As silent said above.

Best thing to do in this situation is DONT plug the battery in but dissasemble it all again and check the wiring to the stock tube and also in the grip. If any part of wire is exposed and able to touch the body it will create a short circuit. Therefore burning out your contacs, motor or setting fire to the wiring it self or the battery.

It might sound dangerous which I suppose it is a bit but take time over it. If there is any wore exposed a bit of heat shrink or electrical tape will work fine.

Hope it goes well.

Pm me if you're still unsure.

Ben

- - - Updated - - -

Even if its plastic however it can still cause a short circuit

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

MOAB Find out more about MOAB
                Working...
                X