Mechbox v2 problem, please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechbox v2 problem, please help!

Hi lads and lasses, got a problem and I assume it is this.

The gun won't fire at all, can hear the motor working though, tried adjusting the height for the motor, but makes no difference. The mechbox pic above isn't suppose to look like that as far as I know, I could normally see the spring, not the black object (dunno what it could be)

Please help, Thanks in advance!

Re: Mechbox v2 problem, please help!

That's called lockback. Your piston has by chance stopped so far back in the gearbox that the motor cannot push it past that last little bit to turn over (spring is fully compressed).

You either have to dissasemble you gearbox, or if you want you could try pulling the piston back with your fingers, letting the motor spin a tiny bit, and then let it go. This method has a small risk in that you won't be able to tell the position of your section gear after the motor spin, so could potentially shred up some teeth when starting it again.

Comment

That's the piston. Either the battery doesn't have enough power to fully cycle the box, or the AR latch has locked in.

Ahhhhh, beaten to it, plus a better answer than mine.
      sigpic

Comment

Alrighty, can I disassemble the gearbox normally or do I have to do it in a specific way? - because the spring is fully compressed, what should I do? - I don't fancy pulling back the piston, but I don't have a spare set of anything. This is a bit worrying...

Comment

that is your piston.
          Your spring has become coil bound and this is the result.
          I use an old screwdriver with the tip bent 90 degrees to release the ARL (Anti Reverse Latch) and release it.

Saves taking the whole thing apart. Given your non technical lean i would sugest getting someone to sort this for you lest you make it worse.

Comment

I do have knowledge of the gearbox, but never came across this before. It started on Saturday's skirmish, started off as if the AEG was coughing up, started sounding rusty then could not fire... Then stopped all together. Tried motor height, never did anything. I first assumed it was the contacts.

How do I use the screwdriver to flick the ARL? - Not too sure on that to be honest.

Comment

FF is talking about lifting up the ARL to release the gears, and the spring's compression will push the piston back into place. You'll have to take the gearbox out but not apart. Lift the ARL off the bever gear cam section.

However, I would recommend getting the gun a service if it sounds "rusty". Sounds like it needs a good clean out.

Comment

agreed with fossil use a thin small bent screw driver , or allen key.
                put through the motor whole in base of gearbox (gearbox has to be out for this).
                locate the anti reversal latch (should be a bit pressing up on the gear in the bottom) hook on the screwdriver / allen key and pull this may be hard as the spring is fully compressed .
                you will hear the spring and piston return as it would be fireing if so the piston should now be all the way forward

hope this helps

Comment

Okay, hoped on the laptop. Finally stripped down the mechbox, but what should I do now? - Open up the box and see what I can do from there? - Or, try what you lads advised with the screwdriver idea?

Comment

Try the ARL, then open it up. Be sure to put a thin screwdriver in the spring guide end to brace the spring when you open it.

Comment

screwdriver or allan key make sure you dont take apart and open the gb as its gonna want to open up on you reall fast like !! and tou dont want that
                      Last edited by The Keeper of Secrets; 9 March, 2010, 21:26. Reason: clearing up text speak.

Comment

Alrighty, thanks lads! - Tried the screwdriver method, works a treat. The piston as returned back to where it should be and gave a pleasent noise of what an AEG should sound like. Thanks again, now going to clean out some grease...

Comment

Ahh good (sorry about doubting your abilities earlier i misread your post ><)

If/when it happens the screwdriver ARL trick save mucho hassle.

If it's just a once in the blue moon occurrence it's normal and does happen to gearboxes. if it's a regular occurrence then the gearbox will need a strip down/clean. i found one Gearbox that was doing this to me was a combination of spring/springuide - removed the bearing spring guide and the problem went away.

Comment

Alrighty, if it happens again - I now know what to do, thanks again lads, in the process of putting the gun back together.

Cheers again! :D

Comment

if this happens again mate , it time to renew the AR latch , as most proberly it has worn do on the corner and edge

so it locks back again , dismantle the mech box , look over the gears again for ware and the AR latch

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TheLazyMarksman Please be aware that not only myself use this account. Find out more about TheLazyMarksman
                              Working...
                              X