Wierd safety problem... V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd safety problem... V2

So I opened up a v2 gearbox and cleaned it all out and regreased it. Upon putting it all back in the outer body shell I discovered a weird problem which I can't seem to fix. The gun when selected on full auto the trigger acts like safe is selected. And it can't be pulled. Semi is pefectly fine but it sticks in full auto. Please help. Many thanks. I just find it wierd how it sticks in full but not on semi.
    sigpic

Re: Wierd safety problem... V2

Has the box been re shimmed? I had the same issue with an 8mm gearbox and it was pushing the selector plate out and rubbing against the body

Sent from the toilet whilst having a dump

Comment

Nope. Has t been reshimmed. But I will check to see if that's what's causing it. cheers mate
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah check the selector plate isn't bulging out, my bearings were pushing on mine, while it was fine in a G&P body it didn't like a guarder body

Sent from the toilet whilst having a dump

Comment

Nope just checked it out and it's not be shimming :S you can actually pull the trigger back but it takes a bit of force. It seems like its catching on something. But surely semi would be doing the same thing if it was the trigger ?
          sigpic

Comment

More than likely that the selector plate isn't fully dis-engaging the cutoff lever. When this happens, the switch block trolley (trigger pulled) can be obstructed by the cut off lever which will not sit at the correct position because the selector plate hasn't moved it correctly out of line.
            Do not pull pass this if it's obstructing because the latch on the switch block trolley is plastic, and typically stock levers are pot metal and could be damaged.
            dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JCSsharpshooter Love anything that gets the adrenaline going. Fishing motorcross and airsoft are what I live for :D Find out more about JCSsharpshooter
            Working...
            X